Apple TV?

skywise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
May I make a humble request (ok, plead :) for an Apple TV version of the iOS app?
Having the household cameras available on the TV would be great.

Greg

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
May I make a humble request (ok, plead :) for an Apple TV version of the iOS app?
Having the household cameras available on the TV would be great.

Greg
Agree, would be convenient. especially if could run as screen saver.

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score
I would love to have an app for the new Apple TV, especially to have it run as a screensaver or the like.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I recommend you ask the blue iris developer directly if you want a tvOS app, so he can gauge the interest. He'll probably never see this thread.

http://blueirissoftware.com/contact/

I wouldn't count on it happening soon though, if at all. tvOS is not likely to be nearly as popular as iOS.

It seems the apple TV doesn't have a web browser, and in fact Apple doesn't even allow developers to include web views in their apps. So a browser-based solution is not likely either. The best bet is probably for IP cam viewer to make it onto there, or any other generic IP cam viewing app. Then you could at least point it at streams from the Blue Iris web server.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best bet is probably for IP cam viewer to make it onto there, or any other generic IP cam viewing app
Ahh, yes. That would be awesome. Hopefully Apple will allow 3rd party apps to control the screensaver, too.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I recommend you ask the blue iris developer directly if you want a tvOS app, so he can gauge the interest. He'll probably never see this thread.

http://blueirissoftware.com/contact/

I wouldn't count on it happening soon though, if at all. tvOS is not likely to be nearly as popular as iOS.

It seems the apple TV doesn't have a web browser, and in fact Apple doesn't even allow developers to include web views in their apps. So a browser-based solution is not likely either. The best bet is probably for IP cam viewer to make it onto there, or any other generic IP cam viewing app. Then you could at least point it at streams from the Blue Iris web server.

What about the new AppleTV? I think it opened up a lot more for APP development.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Oh well eventually TVOS app writing will become more popular, cable companies are definitely holding us back.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-set-top-box-future-20151109-story.html

We used to rent telephones from ATT

from article: In its monopoly days, AT&T Inc. prohibited any unauthorized device from being attached to its phone network. That left Americans paying a monthly fee to rent AT&T's standard rotary telephone. Any color other than black cost extra

skywise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received a reply back from BI support.
"Working on this soon!"

Yay!!

So, anyone else wanting an AppleTV app, send him an email, let him know we want an app! :)

skywise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahh, yes. That would be awesome. Hopefully Apple will allow 3rd party apps to control the screensaver, too.
I don't think Apple will allow anyone to mess with their screensaver, they worked hard on that one.
Don't think they'll have an issue with the app itself though, they don't seem to be limiting what sort of apps there are, except if they mention Android or try to do web related things.

wyseguy79

n3wb
Reaction score
Good to hear that its in the works, I'm trying to decide if I should buy a Roku 4 or the new AppleTV in hopes of Blue Iris running on my selection of device.

lloydy82

n3wb
Reaction score
I received a reply back from BI support.
"Working on this soon!"

Yay!!

So, anyone else wanting an AppleTV app, send him an email, let him know we want an app! :)
just found this post and was like cool i would like a tvos app then saw the date :( guess this never happened