Any free alternatives worth checking out?

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
$10 for the app? Are there any FREE options that are decent? Dont need anything but viewing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
$10 for the app? Are there any FREE options that are decent? Dont need anything but viewing.
Stop being cheap...the app is superb..none of the free options allow viewing of recorded video...the app has lots of advanced functions like changing profiles etc...you spent all this time and money on a system and you are shooting yourself in the foot trying to save 10 dollars.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
why buy the app for a system that i don't own? I did this for a friend. Not trying to be cheap but it seems like a waste of $10 if im only going to be opening it to make sure its still up and working....... Ill just setup teamviewer or something on it so i can log into check the specs directly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
why buy the app for a system that i don't own? I did this for a friend. Not trying to be cheap but it seems like a waste of $10 if im only going to be opening it to make sure its still up and working....... Ill just setup teamviewer or something on it so i can log into check the specs directly.
install blue iris tools to notify you if it crashes..
tinycam works..
he should be monitoring his own system.
The BI app can give you additional info like cpu consumption, camera signal losses fps etc

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Good grief, Blue Iris has a web interface that you don't have to pay an extra cent for. Why didn't you mention that fenderman? :)

Install my custom web interface (which is free, linked in my signature) and it will be nearly as capable as the paid mobile apps (and in some ways better).