Any Dahua ipcam that supports 5GHz wifi?

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any Dahua ipcam that supports 5GHz wifi?

Seems like everyone only supports 2.4GHz band.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is because 2.4GHz has better range than 5GHz especially through walls.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you are set on wifi (which should be avoided) any camera can be made into wifi - 2.4 or 5 with a wireless bridge...

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua consumer line is made for easy install. So Wi-Fi. I personally don't like Wi-Fi security. I think there is always a way to pull a cable. Every good cam needs power. So easyest way is to use poe. Also much easier to use a ups power supply then.

Best for Wi-Fi is the consumer line I think.
Something like this.
Product-Dahua Consumer

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys...sometimes it's just not possible or practical to run cables for a camera (at least for a home environment). My previous residence required me to run two cams using wifi.
Can wifi be jammed/DOS'd? Sure. But my thought is that if someone is going to that much trouble, there's not a lot you can do except to hope that your other wired cams catch them somewhere else.

Regarding the OPs question though: The only Dahua cam that I see that supports 5GHz is the IPC-K35S 3MP cube cam. If needed for outdoors though, needs to be in a covered area. Not really outdoor rated.
IPC-K35S,IPC K35S,IPCK35S,IPC-K35

Otherwise, as Fenderman mentioned: Find a nice small client bridge device. Search for something like 'travel router'. Those devices are really compact and usually allow for a wired Ethernet connection. Those bridges aren't going to be outdoor rather either though.