anpviz 6mp ptz camera thoughts

wddossett

n3wb
Reaction score
So I recently posted about the anpviz 6mp ptz as seen on amazon - and that I was sorry I bought it.

I am actually starting to like this camera. Their support team, one person as far as I can tell, is now responding to me overnight to every question I ask. I upgraded the firmware on it and it locked me out but I used their search tool and found a website to generate a security code for me, lol, and got back in on my own. I am having issues with the day and night mode now and it automatically changing... but I expect he will get back to me tomorrow/monday with an answer. The documentation is pretty terrible - at least for me as I seem to have to ask them how to change almost everything... but... its a pretty godam solid camera as far as function, picture auto tracking etc. It has a 20x optical zoom with a focal length of 4.7 to 94mm. I can recognize people quite easily - this is all installed up at my building site where they are building my new house and I see people on the camera that I don't know and then meet them later in person and know who they are from the camera. I am considering getting a second one so I can have two guard positions as I think that will pretty much cover the whole site now. Just wanted to mention this after my last post disparaging it... happy for anyone to tell me what they think of it spec wise etc before I buy another one anyway.

Cheers

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
No where can I find the mention of sensor size which should be at least 1/1.8".
For $200 I'll wager it's smaller than 1/2.5" though.
Night clips when movement is present would tell the tale.

Ideal-sensor-size-to-megapixel.png