anpvis ptz camera patrol

wddossett

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I lost my house in a wildfire over 2 yrs ago and my whole Blue Iris setup. We are finally rebuilding and I am setting up some cameras on the build site.

I bought an anpvis ptz camera - auto tracking Cruise 6MP camera and I am looking for a shortcut :)

I would like to use the patrol/auto tracking - I never had a camera like this to use with Blue Iris and I am honestly a bit rusty and out of date with what Blue Iris can do.

Is the patrol, cruise, auto tracking something that Blue Iris supports? i.e. can I program that somehow in Blue Iris? Or would I need to login to the camera itself and set this up and then Blue Iris just records - though I would guess that then Blue Iris is going to detect motion frequently so it seem to me to get it to work properly Blue Iris would need to be aware that the camera is just patrolling vs actually detecting motion.

I'm happy to read and figure out how to do this, but some guidance in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Bill

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about losing your house to a wildfire.

Autotracking is done within the camera GUI. All BI does is record the video being provided to it.

We would discourage you from the patrol feature - these types of cameras are only rated for so many turns and we have seen folks come here after wearing out the PTZ in under two years by having it be on constant patrol spinning between presets or slowly panning.

Plus while it is in patrol it won't stop to start tracking. Hopefully the camera is ONVIF compliant and you can tell BI to trigger on ONVIF triggers and that is when BI would record mainstream so that you are not using BI motion and as you said having it trigger for everything.