Another Dahua PTZ install

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK, this one is alittle lower than normal, but for reasons of the homeowner and I'm not going to get into it too much, this is where I installed it. Here's a couple of pics, cause I know you guys love the PTZ's. :)

photo12-5.jpg

photo22-6.jpg

photo3-17.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nice; that'd be a good setup to pair with a motion sensor above the door

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, that is low! Hello!

Cool....
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I take it there isn't much of a concern for camera theft in the area. At $700 bones I'd consider adding a few Colonial Marine Sentry Guns as well.

Tiger

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This particular customer was recently divorced and has a teenage daughter. Her CCTV need is not so much for security, but just to monitor her daughter coming and going. She chose the front door as home for the camera so at any given time if someone rings the bell while she's home, she can just see who's there. Otherwise, all the presets are set around where her daughter might be. It is very low and very much within reach of anyone who walks up to the door, but there is a slight chance someone may not even think that is a camera, and might mistaken it for a light or flower pot. Either way, she's not concerned if anyone knows or not, it's just her way of monitoring her kid.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah if you don't know cameras I suppose it might be taken for a light fixture. But hey, you can only suggest so much and then you gotta give 'em what they want.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PTZ's are great for keeping an eye on the kids.. good to know it will still intimidate when mine's a teenager ;)

These cameras when installed properly wouldn't be an easy steal; long lag bolts torqued heavily and security torx would make it pretty sturdy and your not going to be able to just yank it down and run off.. would have to come prepared with tools and some time to accomplish getting it down undamaged.. I could probably hang off my camera, it was my backup plan incase the ladder fell over ;)

Without a dome protecting it I doubt it'd survive a hit with a baseball bat however..

videobruce

n3wb
Reaction score
Approach it from the side, surround the dome with bubble warp, blurring up the recorded video (if it is actually recording), then saw off the tubular stem if it can't be removed otherwise.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stealing active CCTV systems. There must be better ways of profiting from a life of crime?

videobruce

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you think these Chinese companies get the design info to clone their competitors products? :laugh:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bad guys see that bad boy hanging off your hour and they'll be sayin' "fuQ it...let's go somewhere else." Add a couple of NRA on the doors and windows you'll be good to go!

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bad guys see that bad boy hanging off your hour and they'll be sayin' "fuQ it...let's go somewhere else." Add a couple of NRA on the doors and windows you'll be good to go!
I suspect the customer wants that reaction from prospective boyfriends.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
or that house with in big cameras and NRA stickers must be growing and smoking a ton of weed to make the owner that noided out :p

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
or that house with in big cameras and NRA stickers must be growing and smoking a ton of weed to make the owner that noided out :p
It certainly makes a statement. Either it's "there's something in here I'm protecting" or "I'm a nutjob whose paranoia knows no bounds."