Another Carrier Video

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I purchased some (used) focal speakers on ebay and they arrived today.

I opened the package and found the woofer broken and the tweeter cone pushed in.

When I reviewed the video the postal carrier clearly pitched the box onto the front step.

I'm hoping it was insured...

focal pic.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats the sellers fault, if you ship anything and it cant survive a little toss like that it will never make it.

when I shipped whole servers that weighed a ton, I was told by the shipping companies it had to survive a drop of 4ft to the ground or else I could expect it to be damaged..

so basically hold it out at arms length and if your afraid to let go then repackage it better.

had to have custom boxes and foam cutouts made to them to get them to arrive in one piece.. its easy to do for small parcels like that, gets harder as things get bigger and heavier.

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thats the sellers fault, if you ship anything and it cant survive a little toss like that it will never make it.

when I shipped whole servers that weighed a ton, I was told by the shipping companies it had to survive a drop of 4ft to the ground or else I could expect it to be damaged..

so basically hold it out at arms length and if your afraid to let go then repackage it better.

had to have custom boxes and foam cutouts made to them to get them to arrive in one piece.. its easy to do for small parcels like that, gets harder as things get bigger and heavier.
I'm afraid you are probably right. They were each individually wrapped in minimal bubble wrap.

I think the woofer can be used but not sure about the tweeter.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not defending your carrier, but that was gentle by most standards. I think the problem is, the guy looked old - or seemed to have some chronic pain as he walked - and your stairs were just a bit too intimidating. Obviously, there are certain jobs that require good health and the ability to navigate obstacles. But with people earning 0.0001% on their savings accounts, a lot of people are postponing retirement, or coming out of retirement just to make ends meet.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah for really that isn't anything. Cant point the finger at the delivery guy there now i do know that once said package leaves point A and gets to the sort on its way to point B well things can get little rough on boxes. BUT as others have said pack a box as if its going to get abused dropped and crushed by larger boxes.

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
I ship many packages a day and I have seen UPS / FedEx throw packages into the truck. I always give them crap how they are not suppose to throw the stuff until it gets to the hub..

Bit if its packaged right you have nothing to worry about.

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes so far I haven't heard any more from the eBay seller.