Animated GIF as camera source

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using "DIX" which is Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst.

It is working, Radblast seems to be hung though. I never would have noticed if I hadn't checked the radar from the local CBS affiliate to get more info and they show no rain on the scan other than a little, tiny, shower over near the coast.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using "DIX" which is Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst.

It is working, Radblast seems to be hung though. I never would have noticed if I hadn't checked the radar from the local CBS affiliate to get more info and they show no rain on the scan other than a little, tiny, shower over near the coast.
I reentered the entire address and at least not getting forbidden message now. just have to see if they fix it now. thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Well at least the date and time match what I'm seeing. Maybe they need Brutus to get into the server room and kick start a server or two.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, paging Tony :D
I wonder if a different doppler hosting site with a bit more fidelity might be an option.
So not working for you either?
Checking the date on that JPG, which was just downloaded in BI, it show 05-05-21.... two and a half weeks ago. Looks like Radblast is having it's problems, too, along with WU.
Yes, the effect of IBM grabbing Wunderground, Intellicast and The Weather Channel has arrived....none of those maps work, mine started acting up also May 5th like everyone else. Until it's fixed or updated, not much can be done on our end except, try the following. I don't like it, it's not as zeroed in on your local area, but it's better than nothing, IMO.

1) Go here==>> https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/row

2) From upper left drop-down menu, pick your region.
3) When chosen map is displayed, look at the last 3 letters displayed in the URL, such as "lit" for Little Rock, AR.
Make note of those 3 letters or copy them into your clipboard. That will be the URL for Blue Iris to display.
4) Create a new camera, go to "Video" and type or copy and paste as appropriate the following URL in the boxes as shown in the image at bottom.

5) Replace my "tvr" in the "video path" box with the 3 letter code you chose in step #3 above.

Note that my BI 5 version is over a year old and has no entry boxes for substreams.

WX-RADAR-ANIM_052221.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I reentered the entire address and at least not getting forbidden message now. just have to see if they fix it now. thanks
Yes, but note the red "Radar down for maintenance" in upper left, the date & time is also off.
I wouldn't hold my breath for IBM/WU/TWC to fix anything, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the effect of IBM grabbing Wunderground, Intellicast and The Weather Channel has arrived....none of those maps work, mine started acting up also May 5th like everyone else. Until it's fixed or updated, not much can be done on our end except, try the following. I don't like it, it's not as zeroed in on your local area, but it's better than nothing, IMO.

1) Go here==>> https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current/row

2) From upper left drop-down menu, pick your region.
3) When chosen map is displayed, look at the last 3 letters displayed in the URL, such as "lit" for Little Rock, AR.
Make note of those 3 letters or copy them into your clipboard. That will be the URL for Blue Iris to display.
4) Create a new camera, go to "Video" and type or copy and paste as appropriate the following URL in the boxes as shown in the image at bottom.

5) Replace my "tvr" in the "video path" box with the 3 letter code you chose in step #3 above.

Note that my BI 5 version is over a year old and has no entry boxes for substreams.

View attachment 90338
Thanks I'll give it a whirl

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can you do anything with this?
No, sorry.
Script overlays 6 images sequentially on a background
or this
Yes, see below. I looked at HTML source and found the URL to the animated GIF which is
satellite1.jpg

satellite1b.jpg

satellite2.jpg

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score