Android N Preview-No vid.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been running Android N Preview on my Nexus 6 for a few weeks now, and one of several major bugs uncovered 1) Quickbooks Online app glitchy, 2) BlueIris for Android appears to work on LTE, indicates proper streaming rate, but when the cam is clicked for full screen viewing, the video hangs. Sometimes, the vid advances a bit, but hangs again (verified by the clock seconds embedded in the vid). When I replace a backup of Marshmallow, all is well. Also no issues at all over wifi. This could be totally on Google (it IS a preview, after all), but Ken may want to look into it so he doesn't have any surprises when Google goes gold on N.

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just updated to Preview #2 (NPC91K) and still no video over LTE. Fine over wifi, and on Marshmallow on both.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Might want to tell Ken about it, but who knows if he even has a Nexus phone to be able to receive the update.

Is he even the one who writes the Android app?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think so..Perspective Software sounds right. There was a revised radio in this release ( as well as preview 1), so it is curious the issue persists, and I'd need to know what format to collect logs that Ken prefers. Still getting various other 'missing library' toast messages too, so may be a bit early to be freaking out over it. BI is important enough for some of us to be aware of the bug, though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is he even the one who writes the Android app?
I dont believe he does. I think he farms the android app to a third party. I recall messaging him about an issue with the app a year or two ago and he said he will report it to the developer. Dont know if anything has changed since then. This would explain why the ios app gets features added before the android app.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With QuickBooks, Waze and BI not working, I'm abandoning the preview for a bit..will try #3 when it rolls...back to Marshmallow for me!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk