An ID10T Moment

Reaction score
Can you spot the idiot? I had replaced the three AGM batteries in my Cricket and wanted to see if they would perform as expected. So I needed to get it out of the garage. Yes the garage is quite overloaded, but really I am in the process of organizing and cleaning out. Really, I am.

Now there is a table with a table saw bolted to it, and a lot of crap sitting on it. I have moved this out of the way many, many times without any issue. But today was special. See the video. What an idiot. Returned an ID10T error.

So what actually happened you ask?

There was a can of Rust-oleum gray primer on the table. On the floor leaning up against the wall is some garden tools, including a Garden Weasel. It has sharp points at the end. In my hast to move the table to get the Cricket out I hurried and caught one of the legs on the floor and the table tipped. Some crap fell off, including a box of rivnuts. I thought 'oh crap that will take a lot of time picking them up'. What I did not see immediately was the spray can bouncing around on the floor, until it hit the Garden Weasel.

Now I have gray primer all over the garage floor, on some garden tools (no great loss there), my sneakers, and some of the crap around the garage. Can you guess what I am saying at the end of the video?

Hope you find this entertaining.

FYI: Camera is a Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS-S2 bought from @EMPIRETECANDY

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was really worry you get cut by the saw on the table, seems like a close call at the 16 second mark when you bent down to pick up things.:wow:

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you spot the idiot? I had replaced the three AGM batteries in my Cricket and wanted to see if they would perform as expected. So I needed to get it out of the garage. Yes the garage is quite overloaded, but really I am in the process of organizing and cleaning out. Really, I am.

Now there is a table with a table saw bolted to it, and a lot of crap sitting on it. I have moved this out of the way many, many times without any issue. But today was special. See the video. What an idiot. Returned an ID10T error.

So what actually happened you ask?

There was a can of Rust-oleum gray primer on the table. On the floor leaning up against the wall is some garden tools, including a Garden Weasel. It has sharp points at the end. In my hast to move the table to get the Cricket out I hurried and caught one of the legs on the floor and the table tipped. Some crap fell off, including a box of rivnuts. I thought 'oh crap that will take a lot of time picking them up'. What I did not see immediately was the spray can bouncing around on the floor, until it hit the Garden Weasel.

Now I have gray primer all over the garage floor, on some garden tools (no great loss there), my sneakers, and some of the crap around the garage. Can you guess what I am saying at the end of the video?

Hope you find this entertaining.

FYI: Camera is a Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS-S2 bought from @EMPIRETECANDY
I like the last few seconds where I can tell your slightly peering up and thinking to yourself...."yup, thats on camera" lol

Reaction score
I like the last few seconds where I can tell your slightly peering up and thinking to yourself...."yup, thats on camera" lol
Actually when I looked up at the cam my first thought was 'I wonder if you can see what happened?' as I never expected the paint fog to show up like it did. I have another cam on the left side of the garage door. You can see it in the top of the video. You can't see that fog at all on that cam.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ha. I remember going to Hohenfels, Germany to the play the enemy at the Joint Multinational Readiness Center. Apparently they didn't have any Combat Engineers stationed there so they imported them when needed. The password on the MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) computers was India Mike November One Delta Ten Tango.
I M N 1D10T