Amcrest PTZ Lagging/Overshooting when controlling

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
My older version Amcrest PTZ cameras are very accurate in terms of the Amcrest software controlling their movement. Once I click the mouse it instantly moves and once i unlick it instantly stops. However, on my newer cameras , this one specifically Modelip2m-863ew-ai-v2 the reactions are delayed. It takes a good second after clicking the mouse for the camera to move and it continues to move a bit after I unclick, What can be the cause of this? I control it using Amcrest Surveillance Pro Software. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It almost sounds like a bandwidth networking issue. If you unplug every camera but the newest one, does the problem still happen?

I also suspect you are using P2P and your cams are talking to Amcrest servers, so maybe upload speeds can't keep up with the newer camera?

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
It almost sounds like a bandwidth networking issue. If you unplug every camera but the newest one, does the problem still happen?

I also suspect you are using P2P and your cams are talking to Amcrest servers, so maybe upload speeds can't keep up with the newer camera?
Thanks I will test that out!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
ok sorry..lol....It may be a hardware difference in the cameras, coupled with firmware, coupled with default settings, coupled with lag from software.