amcrest ip4M-1028EW

jptec

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for set of camera with nvr for small bussiness. my goal to have good quality day time. I was initial want to go with hivision or dahua , but price seem alot higher if i go with 4mb and above set. i see this set on amazon seem to be pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CR4DL6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=AM1AKWRN957PC&psc=1

i will add some extra 4k camera to that set. is ip4M-1028EW rebrand of dahua.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for set of camera with nvr for small bussiness. my goal to have good quality day time. I was initial want to go with hivision or dahua , but price seem alot higher if i go with 4mb and above set. i see this set on amazon seem to be pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CR4DL6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=AM1AKWRN957PC&psc=1

i will add some extra 4k camera to that set. is ip4M-1028EW rebrand of dahua.
Hi @jptec

FYI - members have not been very impressed with the value point of the past 4MP sensor Dahua OEM cameras. ( there should be a newer 4MP sensor out which will change this - of course the price point will probably reflect that increase in low light image quality )

Also note that particular NVR is a more affordable model - probably similar to the Dahua NVR41xx series, you would need to check the specs.

If you like 4MP dome cameras you can compare that Amcrest kit with the following one from Montavue - imho the cameras should be basically the same ( check that IVS is supported )
Home Security System w/ 8 2K 4MP Vandal Dome Cameras, 2TB HDD & 130ft Color Night Optics IR Night Vision – MTIP80828DW | Montavue

The 8MP dome cameras that Montavue carries are a newer model - similar to the Dahua OEM one ( iirc IPC-HxW18xx )

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jptec

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200, any idea why the rebrand actually cheaper than dahua? It got more pixel and cheaper. Only advantage i see with starlight 2mb is better in low light. cool that it got IVS support. I'll look into Montavue

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200, any idea why the rebrand actually cheaper than dahua? It got more pixel and cheaper. Only advantage i see with starlight 2mb is better in low light. cool that it got IVS support. I'll look into Montavue
Hi @jptec

A: Traditional supply chain / distribution chain pricing structures.

Traditionally security cameras are not sold to end users, but to middle men. Thus like many other industries the price the end user pays to get the "branded" version is significantly higher than what the middle men or installers may pay for the product. Also, there maybe some other cost savings larger re-brands take when purchasing product from the OEM. ( less memory, no microSD slot, cheaper DSP / sensor, limited firmware due to limited hardware... etc in the cameras in this case. )