amcrest firmware download

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so the quickstart for the Amcrest IP8M-T2599EW that I just bought from the ipcamtalk store tells me the first thing I should do is download and install the latest firmware.

except, when I go to the firmware page, it wants me to register, but then links off to a site in my spam and adblocker filters, aweber.com, indications are that aweber is a privacy abuser and compiles and sells personal information, so I would really rather not have to whitelist them.

also, I can't seem to download any of the docs on the amcrest page, the user guide or quickstart guide each open a blank new window which a second later reloads the product page,

also, ugh, the screw foot print on this camera doesn't match either of my turret camera brackets

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there an update spot in settings? can you use it to download the firmware, then manually update it?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd say fuck the firmware update. I have my own (probably crazy) conspiracy theories about why they wait until your up and running with the camera exposed to the web, to jam a firmware update up your ass. Fuck them.

Last edited:

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah updates if they happen are rare for amcrest. Also dont look at the version, look at the release date.
I spoke to amcrest about a version that looked lower than my version but they checked and the date of release was what i should be looking at.
Seems hella backwards but their engineers confirmed it