Amcrest camera NAS to OpenMediaVault

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have this setup? I've got it so that I can connect to OMV Shared as NFS, but no files are dropped in the specific location. I believe it has something to do with permissions as I have to login when I SMB from windows, but the Amcrest camera can't login, no options on the screen....

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this or FTP to work with any kind of success? I can't get the NAS option to work at all and FTP, even hardwired is so glitchy that its useless....

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A couple years ago I purchased a Amcrest camera based on the specs advertising FTP capability. I received the camera and could not get the FTP function to work so I sent an email to Amcrest with the model and SN of the camera. They responded back saying the camera will not do FTP and told me that nobody uses FTP anymore. I guess I must be the last person on the planet that uses FTP. That was my first and last purchase of an Amcrest camera.

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A couple years ago I purchased a Amcrest camera based on the specs advertising FTP capability. I received the camera and could not get the FTP function to work so I sent an email to Amcrest with the model and SN of the camera. They responded back saying the camera will not do FTP and told me that nobody uses FTP anymore. I guess I must be the last person on the planet that uses FTP. That was my first and last purchase of an Amcrest camera.
Ya, I've gotten FTP to work, really intermittently, and never got NFS to work.....

Really frustrated...

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe there is something here that would help: