Amcrest AD110 - Button Push Event - An Unsolved Mystery

saigmike

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, Jack7. Here's what I found on Camect: "New Google Nest cameras may not work. Only Nest cameras that work with the Nest app are supported. The newest Google Nest doorbell and possibly other recent models do not support the Nest app and don’t work in Camect either. We have not determined whether we can support cameras that only work with the Google Home app." Here's the larger list: Camect works with some cloud cameras and almost all IP cameras. - camect

Interesting that the only camera brand they recommend is Amcrest.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here's an update on my Amcrest support ticket asking about the firmware update process.. There was an exchange of 3 separate emails to get my questions answered.

Q) Where are the firmware update release notes?
A) Not available. "I'll inform the upper team for sure"

Q) Is the automatic firmware check in the SmartHome app no longer functional?
A) "Automatic firmware is still functional in smarthome app. "

Q) (Followup email): please clarify why app isn’t working to provide notice of both of these newer updates you have emailed me?
A) "Currently the firmware for AD110 & AD410 are provided by the support agents and the team is working on to set it on the app ."

Note that agent first sent me newer AD110 firmware (2021-04-22) and after asking again for the AD410, sent me 2021-06-10. So both are newer than what the app says is current, but still over a year old. Also included was a link to Amcrest IP Config tool for the manual process.

What is really interesting is that both of these firmwares are hosted on FOSCAMhelp.zendesk.com! Neither the certificate, nslookup or icann lookup shed any light on the true owner of this site, but surely it can't still be owned by Foscam. I just guess Amcrest (who used to be FOSCAM US back in 2016) just hasn't gotten around to registering a new domain name and certificate. Sheesh.

Vansmak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Note that agent first sent me newer AD110 firmware (2021-04-22) and after asking again for the AD410, sent me 2021-06-10. So both are newer than what the app says is current, but still over a year old. Also included was a link to Amcrest IP Config tool for the manual process.
Thanks for sharing, my current firmware on my AD410 shows: 1.000.0000000.7.R210220 in the Amcrest SmartHome App

Can you tell me how the 2021-06-10 they sent you is listed in the app?

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Newer firmware isn't listed anywhere (except in these posts). The update notification feature is broken. You should ask Amcrest Support for it. Typically takes a day to respond.

UPDATE (8/4/2022): As of today, the SH app now properly notifies that an update is available (20210422). Still no notice for AD410's.

Last edited: