Amcrest 410 Doorbell died.

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
After terribly inconsistent performance my Amcrest 410 finally just died today. Kept going off line the last two days and today it is unresponsive. Done with it.

I need a doorbell Cam that will work with Synology so i can download video to the NAS, use the Synology software to see it with my other cameras around the house, access it remotely etc. i would prefer poe but i and just frustrated. Hard for need to be able to tell what models are good quality, good features and those that will work with Synology. While i don’t want to spend s fortune at this point finding one of quality that works with Synology Is most important.
I’ve read a bit through here and will continue to try to find something. I will be very appreciative of any suggestions.

Thx!!

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
August last year. came back on line this afternoon for a few hours but back off line again now. Junk. I’ve got to find some thing that is reliable.

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh, and they have terrible service. I dred trying to dream with them. It didn’t work when i first got it and it took weeks to just get someone knowledgeable to speak with.

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Nate. I just checked my transformer......it is 24VAC 40 VA. My elctrician said that should be OK based on the spec sheet which states AC 16 ~ 24V.

You mention a power regulator....I don't know what that is ......but i have an old style chime I believe like you mention.....I've attached a photo of it.

I don't know if the Amcrest 410 is simply bad or if there is an issue with the transformer or hook up that has caused ot to fail. I do remember a couple times in the last month or two noticing it being very hot to the touch. I thought it was unusual but ignored it.

While it isn't perfect...I do like this camera/doorbell when it is working. I've got to replace it with something.....I'm willing to buy another unit especially if I can determine changes in my system that would improve things. Could it be my chimes are part of the problems? Maybe my transformer went bad? Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
I just use the Amcrest ap or the Synology ap and I don't ever remember seeing health stats like that. Now that my 410 is dead I see nothing, of course. I'm wonderoing if my transformer hasn't gone bad? But I have had issues for months with my 410....going on/off line, etc. In desperation I actually just posted in the 410 thread going a bit more in depth but ....I'm just at a loss and frustrated. But i really do appreciate your replies. )