Am I paranoid to think camera software makers could store all of our credentials?

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is somewhat paranoid by all these 3rd party camera apps (IP Cam Viewer, TinyCam, etc.) that know all your camera passwords. How likely is it that the developer somehow stores all of the credentials for his own viewing pleasure? Anyone else has such a concern?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes! Not sure if you can do anything about it, except trust they don't do that. :)
@alexvas does your TinyCam store passwords for your viewing pleasure? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam stores passwords locally on your device. Developer does not have access to this information.

I will also implement password encryption with master password one day. So knowing only master password it would be possible to get camera data to login in the app.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
tinyCam stores passwords locally on your device. Developer does not have access to this information.

I will also implement password encryption with master password one day. So knowing only master password it would be possible to get camera data to login in the app.
I just tried TinyCam and it's so much better than IP Cam (which I have used for the past several years). Thank you for your great work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If they did they are welcome to watch me live my life ..the best one I can remember.
Really? We are waiting for you to post your ip address and login credentials...we will dedicate a sticky thread with a live feed!