Alternative to Blue Iris

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been running Blue Iris for the last 2 years on 10700k and Nvidia P2000, and it's too fiddly for me at times.
I'll be moving to a new place in a couple of months. Therefore, I'm asking people's opinion on a "it just works" system that doesn't need to have all the BI features.

Issues I had with BI includes but not limited to: random high RAM usage, old clip not deleting, too much false alarm with sense.ai, etc.
Please do not suggest how I can fix these issues, I just want to try a more user-friendly alternative with good AI detection. I don't mind buying new hardware, budget for the NVR is anything under $5k

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been running Blue Iris for the last 2 years on 10700k and Nvidia P2000, and it's too fiddly for me at times.
I'll be moving to a new place in a couple of months. Therefore, I'm asking people's opinion on a "it just works" system that doesn't need to have all the BI features.

Issues I had with BI includes but not limited to: random high RAM usage, old clip not deleting, too much false alarm with sense.ai, etc.
Please do not suggest how I can fix these issues, I just want to try a more user-friendly alternative with good AI detection. I don't mind buying new hardware.
Too bad you dont want to fix your user created issues. I run over 20 blue iris systems with none of this issues.
There are hundreds of alternatives to blue iris. All have issues. Every single one. Otherwise they would not need support forums. You dont mention what your budget is. You will not find anything for 60 bux that does this.

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
Added budget.
I have no doubt it's all user error and can be fixed, but pin pointing those errors can be frustrating sometimes, took me a few weeks trying different method to figure out why the old clips are not deleting.
It feels like Blue Iris is the Android of NVR with lots of flexibility and features that I don't need. I just want a Apple like option to compare.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Added budget.
I have no doubt it's all user error and can be fixed, but pin pointing those errors can be frustrating sometimes, took me a few weeks trying different method to figure out why the old clips are not deleting.
It feels like Blue Iris is the Android of NVR with lots of flexibility and features that I don't need. I just want a Apple like option to compare.
You want to spend 5k on an NVR to remove features you dont need? Go find an avigilon reseller and overbuy and overpay. Or just buy ubiquiti cameras with their nvr/vms and overpay. DWipvms which is rebranded NXwitness is 80bux or so per cam with lifetime free upgrades, they have various third party add on AI options as well as use of in camera AI. But if you think overpaying guarantees no issues your are mistaken. Google vms/nvr and you will find users with issues. This is the same for ANY product or service.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some examples of the above mentioned vms with issues.

I can go on and on. Perhaps what you need is to hire someone to install whatever system you choose so they can do it right and support you so you dont have to deal with it.