AliExpress hassles

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have been shopping on Ali past 5 years and never had any identity checks but in terms of shipping speeds this is common across all Chinese ecommerce websites. Sometimes they surprise with a week shipment time but it's very rare. Usually 3-6 weeks. Of course if you are used to Amazon prime shipping this will seem like eternity.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been shopping on Ali past 5 years and never had any identity checks but in terms of shipping speeds this is common across all Chinese ecommerce websites. Sometimes they surprise with a week shipment time but it's very rare. Usually 3-6 weeks. Of course if you are used to Amazon prime shipping this will seem like eternity.
It sure does seem like eternity. I ordered a Dahua 4x PTZ 11 days ago from aliexpress seller "Shenzhen Kingstar International Trade Co., Ltd.". They provided an ePacket tracking number 4 days ago and the tracking number is still inactive in the ems tracking website. This is pretty common for all my orders from aliexpress though. It typically takes at least 3 weeks from order to arrival, sometimes longer.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:)

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The times I ordered from ali it took about 7-10 days for cams to arrive.i did order a pc car mouse for $3 two months ago.looks like the mouse is never going to come lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're stateside here's some info to help. Theres absolutely no reason for them to verify using what they asked for so I would def keep a tab on your credit for the next year to year and a half or so just to be safe. As Fenderman stated above with the DL info alone they can do some pretty shitty stuff. Most places will ask for confirmation of your SSN over the phone or in person and if they don't have that you should be ok but not all places are this specific with veritifcation.

The information below is what we give out when people call the police reporting any type of identity theft. Hope you don't have to go thru the hoops that many before have. Also I'm located in PA, but just look up your own states Attorney General contact info or your state DMV. If you find any suspicious info on your credit report, highlight it and notify your local PD immediately.

• The Pennsylvania Attorney General maintains a comprehensive web site at www.attorneygeneral.gov. Look under the Consumers drop down menu. This web site provides preventive as well as corrective measures you can take. Phone# 1-800-441-2555.
• Contact the Federal Trade Commission: 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338), www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft to report ID theft and learn of ways to restore your credit.
• Contact the Social Security Administration: 1-800-269-0271, www.ssa.gov, if it appears someone is using your Social Security number.
• Contact the Fraud Department of all three major credit-reporting bureaus: you may obtain a copy of your report for free, if you are the victim of fraud.
Experian/CBA Equifax TransUnion
PO Box 2002 PO Box 740241 PO Box 2000
Allen, TX 75013 Atlanta, GA 30347 Chester, PA 19022
1-888-397-3742 1-800-685-1111 1-800-916-8800
www.experian.com www.equifax.com www.transunion.com
• Once a year you may obtain a free copy of your credit report.
Annual Credit Report Request Service
PO Box 105283
Atlanta, GA 30348-5283
1-877-322-8228
www.annualcreditreport.com
• Contact creditors for any account tampered with or opened fraudulently.
• Contact your local Police Department to file a police report. Having a police report will help prove your case to creditors and with PennDOT if you apply for a new driver’s license.
• Contact the U.S. Postal Inspectors if any of your mail was stolen or you believe that someone fraudulently changed your address.