Alerts are not saving in the Alerts file

cwilson1996

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't see any of the alerted clips being sent to the Alerts file on my Drive? I would like it where all the Alerts being recorded on the Main Stream are being sent to the alerts file. Is this even possible.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Depending on your settings alerts can be nothing more than markers in the database, not separate files.

cwilson1996

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Depending on your settings alerts can be nothing more than markers in the database, not separate files.
Okay. Is there a way to save just the triggered clips into a different file? How I have it setup as of now if the clips save to a NEW folder, but each video is 30 minutes long and I have to scroll through to find the triggered events.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Check the help file with the record tab open. I'm not at my console but it can be done fairly easily. I have to ask why duplicate the save information though? Just takes up more disk space. If you actually need an alert it's easy enough to export that specific piece of video.

cwilson1996

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good point. I really just want to shorten the length of the saved videos so I can easily look up the triggered events outside of BI.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
UI3, the web application, does that. I review a full night of 20 cameras in about five minutes that way. If I see something in the alert, UI3 uses animated gifs on the alerts column, I play that clip to see what happened. Easy as pie.