Alert when motion stops?

Reaction score
I am currently using I-Spy which has the option to alert when "no movement" is detected. So You Set up your motion detection like you would normally but the Alert occurres when the Motion criteria is not met instead of when it is met. This is a very useful option. I use this to monitor Fan Blades and I need to know when they stop moving. And once they stop moving I need the alert to Continue as long as there is no movement. With blue iris I have tried the below settings which in theory should work but it does not.

Alerts
"Wait until Triggered at Least"
Set this to 0 times with 5 seconds

Meaning that when there is no motion for 5 seconds it will trigger my alert. However, it does not.

I am open to any further ideas or if this could be added by the developer.

I spy is great at motion detection but does not run clearly the new IP camera I am adding which per ispy forums is common issue with I-spy. I would really like to get BI to perform this function so that I can use it, because it is all together a much better program.

Thanks for your help

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No...you need to email support and ask for this feature.

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am currently using I-Spy which has the option to alert when "no movement" is detected. So You Set up your motion detection like you would normally but the Alert occurres when the Motion criteria is not met instead of when it is met. This is a very useful option. I use this to monitor Fan Blades and I need to know when they stop moving. And once they stop moving I need the alert to Continue as long as there is no movement. With blue iris I have tried the below settings which in theory should work but it does not.

Alerts
"Wait until Triggered at Least"
Set this to 0 times with 5 seconds

Meaning that when there is no motion for 5 seconds it will trigger my alert. However, it does not.

I am open to any further ideas or if this could be added by the developer.

I spy is great at motion detection but does not run clearly the new IP camera I am adding which per ispy forums is common issue with I-spy. I would really like to get BI to perform this function so that I can use it, because it is all together a much better program.

Thanks for your help

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
In the motion settings, there is an option called "OPPOSITE sense to detect NON-movement". Try playing around with that to see if that gets you what you need. I have never messed with it.