airFiber 60 HD This is from the Ubiquidi Store

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to send the output of your POE switch (cameras and voip phones), through these and like devices. This technology amazes me and the price is very affordable for the desired output, remote communications.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, as TonyR said once you connect the radios together as a bridge, it works just like a regular network cable, but through the air.

If you can get by with somewhat less speed, go with 5 GHz radios instead (such as LBE-5AC-GEN2). They are cheaper, have better range, and are a lot easier to aim.

60 GHz radio gear is great if you want a full 1 Gbps of speed in both directions, I use AF60-LR for a roughly 1.4km bridge after GBE-Plus was underperforming and unreliable at that range. Aiming the dishes was a lot more difficult than with any 5 GHz radio I've ever used. With 5 GHz you can typically just eyeball it and the beam is wide enough it will work fine. With 60 GHz it is very unforgiving and you really need to carefully dial in the dish positioning at both ends. It was difficult to even achieve the initial link so I had a signal strength reading to optimize.

jrczz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As a layer 2 transparent bridge if configured correctly one on each end they would act like a CAT-5e or 6 cable as far as data is concerned; devices at the remote end like cameras, VOIP phones etc. would of course have to have power (POE, 12VDC adapter or as appropriate) at their end.
Being a level2 device it would tend to be more reliable, great information. I'm past doing anything commercially but I might have to buy a pair(TEHE) Just to see them work.