AI thinks my flag is a person

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a flag right on my front porch and I was getting false positives on a person. It's my flag, I tried raising the confidence level to 60% and still no luck..

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a flag right on my front porch and I was getting false positives on a person. It's my flag, I tried raising the confidence level to 60% and still no luck..

Any ideas?

Block parts of it out in the zone. This will prevent that area from being analyized.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with two mailboxes. Went into the camera and set a privacy zone over each of them. Problem solved.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with two mailboxes. Went into the camera and set a privacy zone over each of them. Problem solved.
The problem with that is the area is not recorded during a motion event. If you just remove the are in the BI zone it will still record that portion.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
True, but in this case the area is quite small under 3 or at most 5 percent of the detection area. When playing the clips back using "tuning" DS was still identifying the mailboxes as "person" which made me use the privacy mask in the camera. It has not effected motion detection, but the camera is a clone just for traffic detection. As with everything, YMMV.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll have to mess around with it on BI tonight. My only hesitation is that anyone walking up to my door has to talk past that flag

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The only alternatives I can think of would be to move the flag or move the camera. That sounds too close for a privacy zone in the camera without compromising detection in BI.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The only alternatives I can think of would be to move the flag or move the camera. That sounds too close for a privacy zone in the camera without compromising detection in BI.
Agreed. Might have to move the flag elsewhere.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to mess around with it on BI tonight. My only hesitation is that anyone walking up to my door has to talk past that flag

Thats fine. As long as your remove only parts of the flag, it wont analyze those areas and thus wont return a person. It will still trigger when a person walks by.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
This is covered in the bI help file but here you go.

Camera settings > Trigger >Motion Sensor > Configure > Use Zones & Hot Spot > Edit

You do need to check the "Motion Sensor" box and the "Use Zones & Hotspot" box to turn them on. You can also use trigger from the camera, which I am doing, but that takes additional configuration on the "Video" tab for the camera.

Trigger.JPG

Configure.JPG

Motion Zone.JPG