AI is only recognizing about half of my vehicles....

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am struggling to get my AI to work properly after upgrading the CodeProject to 206.

These are my settings for the camera:

1676647554849.png

Sometimes it catches the same vehicle coming, but not leaving, and other times, it catches them leaving, but not coming.

For example, this video shows the school bus APPROACHING, but AI said "nothing found". Yet, when the bus left in the other direction, it recognized it properly. The video is a screen capture from the BI console on playback with testing & tuning/analyze with AI turned on.

1676647924946.png

View attachment approaching bus.mp4

And here, the bus is leaving and it was detected:

1676647964904.png

View attachment leaving bus.mp4

I'll be happy to provide additional screenshots of settings and configurations if guided in the right direction.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't played around with ai detections, but do have a could ideas. It's possible you'd get better results if the camera angle is less parallel with the road. I also wonder if you'd get better results with a higher or lower frame rate and wonder what rate the ai is actually processing the frames (pondering nyquist limit)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is likely that on the way in, the bus is too small relative to the full image to be detected. Also since you are using substreams its possible that the image is not detailed enough when the bus is that far out. I would increase the real time images for 3 to 6 so as too allow more detection images as the bus gets closer to the cam.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I will give that a go, thanks. As for the angle, it's never changed, and the detection was nearly 100% prior to the update of the CodeProjectAI to 206. In fact, none of the default settings were change with respect to AI or substream configs. My CPU runs almost non-stop at 100% now too any time there is motion in front of that camera.

ETA: Also in some cases, it detects on the arrival of the bus but not the departure. I may just be running out of clock cycles on the CPU and doesn't have the capacity to analyze fast enough. Still, that's something that's only been happening since the updated CPAI.