AI Image Parse Masking

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there -

I've been searching for this feature for some time now and I know there's some other ways to accomplish, but essentially I'm looking to mask the images that are sent to CodeProject.AI or Deepstack to eliminate certain areas of the image that may contain unwanted subjects. For example, I have surveillance on my driveway which overlaps w/ a portion of the street. During a windy day I'll often get triggers & subsequent alerts that a vehicle has been detected, but it's just a vehicle in the street. I would like to mask the street on the image that is analyzed by CodeProject/Deepstack to eliminate objects that appear in areas that I'm not interested in. I do not want to eliminate these areas from my recordings, however, so BI's masking feature, as it currently exists, does not satisfy this request.

Any ideas? Perhaps if this is feature is requested enough we can see if Ken & team would add a secondary 'masking panel' in BI that would allow us to mask AI parsed images?

Ken

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
have you tried to set up a clone camera, mask it and use it for AI images?

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
have you tried to set up a clone camera, mask it and use it for AI images?

Yeah I have found this solution for sure and it does work - with the inconvenience of layering in settings etc of a 'second' camera :) Was mainly looking for some native support for this feature and seeing if there was other interest