Agent DVR basic setup and use case home NVR

MrRedPants

n3wb
Reaction score
I've built a Windows 2019 server and have agent DVR installed and working.

After some trial and error, I've been able to add the Q-SEE cameras (6 of them) that I'm using and can live view.

I am just trying to replicate a basic NVR and have the cameras record continuously or record with motion, main stream or both main and sub stream.

I can not figure out a basic approach to getting this done. I have the storage area set up (7TB storage) and have manually recorded but am struggling for automation. I just want to be able to pull up a recorded video and have live view - nothing complicated.

Can someone point me to something straightforward as far as a "tutorial" to set this up (keep in mind I've read the ispy / agent DVR documentation and watched their tutorial videos).

Thanks all.

(or should i just use BlueIris or something - I dont mind paying for the software, just want something relatively easy to use in Windows)

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not know about Q-see, search the forum there are a number of post on it.

Go for BI. there is a lot of BI knowledge in this forum. But I do not know of many users running it on a Windows 2019 server. Most people run BI on a standalone windows 10 PC.