Advice for connecting cameras using iCam+ to iSpy's Agent?

J Cubed

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! My brother gave me a couple of solar cameras to add to my home surveillance. These cameras use iCam+ software to get set up. Unfortunately, while I was able to identify the IP address of the first one I've added to my network, I've been unable to get iSpy's Agent DVR software on my PC to find the connection point to them. I haven't found any advice on such cameras in these forums or w/ DuckDuck or Google. Have any of you had any luck in configuring such cameras?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice and suggestions on this!
- JJJ

J Cubed

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone has experience making iCam+ cameras work in Blue Iris, I'd appreciate those insights, also. It might help me with my problem or even <GASP> convince me that Blue Iris can do something iSpy can't. ;-D

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not much to go on, more info regarding the camera may help....part number? Link? Picture?

J Cubed

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah! My apologies. I made a bad assumption on others knowing what iCam+ even is. That was bone-headed of me. Thanks for the reality check! :-D

This looks like the right camera, inside an out:
Yi-Achieve Solar Security Camera Outdoor Wireless Security WiFi 1080p Hd Solar Panel Battery Powered Camera Pir Motion Detection, White : Electronics (amazon.com)

I took a picture of the QR code for the iCam+ software that is used to set it up. I generally works pretty slick for setup and running on an old tablet with nothing valuable on it, but getting at the camera outside of this app has eluded me beyond finding the IP address based on the address going from the "Disconnected Devices" to the "Connected Devices" when I plugged its batteries in. ;-)
IMG_20220515_231301779.jpg

fadiaz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I also would be interested in accessing this cameras (the IP Solar Cameras) with something else that is not the iCam+ software; either Agent DVR or Blue Iris (or even Yawcam).

Thanks,

FADiaz

Reaction score
It's hard to tell precisely who makes these cameras. I got mine for cheap on Banggood, and they occasionally show up on Amazon, and similar ones are all over eBay when you use the search phrase "1080p solar powered energy security camera wireless wifi ip home cctv hd outdoor".

The iCam+ app seems to be well maintained, but there's no clear or prominent information about who makes it, or any links to manufacturer's documentation. When they connect to WiFi they use a random MAC ID so I can't even tell whose chipset is inside !

In the iCam+ app, the User Agreement section refers to a company called UBIA Inc, and to a product called UBIA Doorbell, and gives a contact e-mail at the domain UBIA.cn. A little linking around finds a US English version with the same structure and pictures at P2P,AICloud —— UBia, with some contact information at an office park in China but no useful other information.

So... what's that leave us ?

To my surprise, there is a "Network Diagnosis" section in the app, which briefly brings up a page with a bunch of network services and progress indicators. That is enticing ! Mine shows some spinning wait time indicators for a few seconds, then returned a list of services and times;

NTP Service (udp:123) 77 ms
Master Service (udp:10240) 44 ms
Access Service (udp:20001) 36 ms
Wakeup Service (tcp:443) 36 ms
Push Service (tcp:20003) 57 ms
Portal Service (tcp:443) 40 ms
Aliyun Service (tcp:443) 41 ms
Aliyun Accelerator (tcp:443) 90 ms
Amazon Service (tcp:443) 38 ms
Amazon Accelerator (tcp:443) 18 ms
OAM Service (tcp:443) 34 ms