Adobe killed my IP Camera today, help!

MelWyrm

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says, I started up my PC today to check what's going on about the house, (We have a wee two year old autistic child here and need to follow his movements... he's so fast) anyway it seems Adobe has blocked flash from running so I can't see the video feed from the camera any more.
I have absolutely no idea what brand of camera it is so I have no idea what firmware to go looking for even if it is possible to update the camera.
This is the only flash content that I use and it comes from three cameras (all less than 2 years old too) that I cannot afford to just go out and buy replacements, especially when they were working just fine only yesterday.
I can't find anything useful searching the web for solutions so if anyone has any ideas how to go on using my cameras I'd love to hear them!
Cheers,

Mel

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep Adobe Flash end of life was 12/31/20 so you got a few extra days out of it.

This is an old thread, but it might be useful - you need to see if you can pull the video feed via another method.

And this:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
bummer. if you can specify the camera brands/models and the device/software you're using to monitor, somone may be more likely to suggest alternatives...

MelWyrm

n3wb
Reaction score
Depending on which computer we're using to view it we either use firefox or opera to view the video from the cameras.
We access them using , , , and No idea at all what port they might be on or how to find out.
They're white, have no name on them anywhere and look like the attached pic. They came in boring white boxes with crappy instructions that don't mention manufacturers anywhere. Still.... $99 each for me is a LOT of money.
All 720p cameras so really, no need to replace them at all as they worked just fine until yesterday.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like this to me: US $26.9 40% OFF|720P 1080P PTZ Wifi IP CCTV Camera Surveillance Smart Camera Indoor Baby Monitor Wireless Motion Detection Cameras Night Vision|Surveillance Cameras| - AliExpress or this:
you have the IP's. possibly some clues to useful URL's here: Connect to Kkmoon IP cameras but it may have older firwmare or even not the same as the KKMoon units...

maybe be a VLC plugin to play cam streams in the browser, once you find them... eg, VLC Web Plugins for Google Chrome/Firefox/Safari

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kitwalker

n3wb
Reaction score
Depending on which computer we're using to view it we either use firefox or opera to view the video from the cameras.
We access them using , , , and No idea at all what port they might be on or how to find out.
They're white, have no name on them anywhere and look like the attached pic. They came in boring white boxes with crappy instructions that don't mention manufacturers anywhere. Still.... $99 each for me is a LOT of money.
All 720p cameras so really, no need to replace them at all as they worked just fine until yesterday.
Hi there,

I'm hope you must have solved your problem about accessing your ipcam by now. Just in case if you haven't, there are android and ios apps available which will help you connect to these type of cameras.
There're two apps that I know. one of them may work.
1. CamHi CamHi for Android - APK Download
2. Yoosee Yoosee for Android - APK Download

connect to the wifi which the cameras are connected to and click on find ip cam on network, after opening the app. or try other settings and look for some tutorial about the apps and it will definitely work.
OR
download and install VLC player. after installing it, open VLC player and press CTRL + V or CTRL + N and enter the following urls (one of them should work) if not, try googling about your camera model along with the terms RTSP URL or ONVIF URL and adjust those URL according to your local IP address and play in VLC player

URLS that may work
rtsp: / / username:password@camera.ip.address:554/11?
rtsp: / / username:password@camera.ip.address:554/12?

or
encodeduserpass = base64Encode(username:password)

replace encodeduserpass with the base64encoded value username and password in this format username:password

use this site to encode Base64 Encode and Decode - Online

rtmp: / / camera.ip.address/flash/11:encodeduserpass
rtmp: / / camera.ip.address/flash/12:encodeduserpass

for example:
username = username
password= password
then base64encoded string is dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=
and the url would become
rtmp: / /camera.ip.address/flash/11:dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=
rtmp: / /camera.ip.address/flash/12:dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=

or

Chances are there may be some other url that would play the camera feed. keep trying you'll succeed :)
I hope it helps you or anybody who is troubled by this decision to revoke adobe flash player

Last edited: