Activated IP CAM, Rest to default did not rest password to default

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Subject:
DS-2CD2032 after reset to default, password rejected (recursive)

It involves my new PoE NVR DS-7608 and 3 new cameras. I could not get the .254.1 sub net to ever work. Power is there.

My original, 2 aged IPIR2032 cameras were left with one at default IP and password, and one default +1. I forgot about that and started my project with an IP conflict. Saga evolved from there. .I want to add the 3 new cameras to my home network,The saga has evolved into: all cams needing be reset to default one or more times.; ...usually caused by changing back from the 254 subnet used by the new PoE NVR DS-7608. That task (sometimes) did not go well. I was not using SADP yet.

I did Activate all three new cameras that I intended to add to my iVMS-2000 home network of 2 outdoors cameras.

Using Camera (1 of the 3) I set to default. By now I am convinced that I must be missing something. I am short on foresight and experience! I am convinced that I need to rely more on SADP rather that the NVR for IP and PW changes, but one of the new this camera-1 is not going well this time. Both SADP and my Network scanner verify the default IP indeed was restored... the password is a mystery. (That first got screwed up when I tried changed the IP address using the NVR... not the first time that has happened. I don't know if it was the same camera, as before.)

The SADP user manual says shows the camera to be "inactive", That is => not happening now. It shows "Active" after reset. The IP indeed was reset. Since I can't log in, no image is accesible.

I have twice before made the 7 attempts and got locked out for 30 minutes or more. I am now 4 tries into password try, and now asking for advice and prayers. What to do?

M second "reset camera" pass, I used my Activate password first, then the 12345. My password had a upper case first letter and a number. It was working (on my network) on all three cameras earlier, like when I was struggling with the '254' trials tribulations, so I know the upper case was correct, but I tried lower case, too.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cameras that require activation have no default password. You must set one in SADP if they are truly not activated. (It'll prompt as such) If you're using the NVR to activate the cameras, the NVR's firmware is going to use the NVR's admin PW by default. But I'm sure you've already tried that as a last resort.

With respect to the onboard PoE switch not working, if you have link/activity lights on the ports and the cameras are on (try and trigger the IR by making it dark, that's an easy way to tell), then it's a logical issue.

What does SADP show the camera IPs as? They don't need to match (they should though), but please be aware that changing the camera's IP in the NVR for a given camera number/port does NOT change the camera's actual address - it only changes what address the NVR attempts to connect to. To change the camera address, you must first connect to the camera with SADP to change it, OR, if you are able to manage to reset the newer "activation" enabled cams (firmware 5.3.0+), don't set a password, but set the NVR as plug n play on those channels. Upon connecting the cams to the NVR on those respective ports, the firmware does the rest, and in a short while you should see an image. At that point, the camera login is identical to the NVR.

On the password note, the 5.3.0+ cameras won't allow you to set 12345 as the PW because it's is deemed weak and insecure. For example, most newer Chinese cams ship with 123456789abc as the default. But you've reset these already so that doesn't apply to you even if they are Chinese regioned. I do recall one instance around Christmas time where I had a 7608 (the older SE model, not the newer E2 model) where setting a weak admin password would only allow me to login directly on the NVR itself. Web access it would sit there and deny it like it was wrong even though I know it was correct. Perhaps you are experiencing the same issue I did. Otherwise can't really explain why it's kicking you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
You solved my problem. Big thanks.

Besides that, you provided a wealth of various, important details, all very useful.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Always glad to help. Out of curiosity, and to possibly help others, what was the solution? I posted a ton of things to help you narrow it down, so I'm uncertain as to what exactly did the trick.

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
The solution was the password of the NVR! (sheepish grin).
I tell the grand kids, never be afraid to try things. Life is trial and error, mostly error. That's how we learn.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. You have to break it to fix it. Although now that I think about it, that's false. People fix working things all the time. That's how I have job security.

Glad you got everything working.