About 1/3 say unable to open ...

brian.rtl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bummer to see no solution for this. Just suddenly got this issue after upgrading to 4.5.3.7 x64 - Unable to open file:80004005. Happens with all cameras, mostly Hikvision but also a couple of Dahua PTZs. Recording direct to disk on a perfectly fine hard drive. Rebuilding the database and compacting didn't help.

What's odd is that this is only the Alerts giving this issue. I usually record 30 seconds or so after a camera triggers and none of those alerts play any more. But if I select "..." to view all, I can see the long historical clips (I have the cameras set to the default of Combine or cut video each 8 hours/4 GB) Those historical videos play but nothing new is recorded.

Edited to add: logging in with the iPhone app allows me to view all the clips. It's only the console that gets the error with clips.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bummer to see no solution for this. Just suddenly got this issue after upgrading to 4.5.3.7 x64 - Unable to open file:80004005. Happens with all cameras, mostly Hikvision but also a couple of Dahua PTZs. Recording direct to disk on a perfectly fine hard drive. Rebuilding the database and compacting didn't help.

What's odd is that this is only the Alerts giving this issue. I usually record 30 seconds or so after a camera triggers and none of those alerts play any more. But if I select "..." to view all, I can see the long historical clips (I have the cameras set to the default of Combine or cut video each 8 hours/4 GB) Those historical videos play but nothing new is recorded.
Email support