Able to view all live cameras/groups on Roku!

lindon89

n3wb
Reaction score
That certainly looks correct. What happens if you enter your path in a browser? For example
I just put my path into a browser on a separate PC (with a LAN IP that is whitelisted) and it pulled up cameras and groups in Chrome/Brave.

FWIW, all of my camera shortnames and groupnames are lowercase and/or numeric. I don't know if that makes a difference...

The other thing you can check is that the path with /mjpg/index pulls up all your cameras (you may need to enable group webcast stream if it isn't already on).

View attachment 61959
Well I just tried manually entering everything on the roku instead of the quick add and it worked. What would cause that?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well I just tried manually entering everything on the roku instead of the quick add and it worked. What would cause that?
That's a good question. Maybe the profile for that particular camera on the app just got hosed/corrupted? Admittedly, BI does that too sometimes. If I make too many changes to too many cameras at once, it gets wonky and needs a restart. Glad to hear you got it figured out!

lindon89

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a good question. Maybe the profile for that particular camera on the app just got hosed/corrupted? Admittedly, BI does that too sometimes. If I make too many changes to too many cameras at once, it gets wonky and needs a restart. Glad to hear you got it figured out!
I really appreciate the help.

i think its time for roku to get browser that supports ui3 lol

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I really appreciate the help.

i think its time for roku to get browser that supports ui3 lol

Ha! No kidding. I'm not complaining. I think it is better than having to rig up a stick pc or android box... Especially on the TVs with baked in Roku...

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my BI to show on my Roku. What is meant in the comment of "quick add?"

I can't get mine to work either, but does in my browser. I have the user set up in BI, have the group set to that user, so on and so forth.

Any other tips? My group name does have a capital letter, same with the username. I may try to change that later; my kids are watching cartoons on the Roku at the moment . . .

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On your Roku, get the IP address and in BI, go to Settings / Web Server, hit the Advanced... button. Add your IP address to the "Limit Access by IP" by typing a caret, ^, and then your Roku IP address (i.e. ^192.168.100.12). Save it and see if it now shows up on your Roku.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On your Roku, get the IP address and in BI, go to Settings / Web Server, hit the Advanced... button. Add your IP address to the "Limit Access by IP" by typing a caret, ^, and then your Roku IP address (i.e. ^192.168.100.12). Save it and see if it now shows up on your Roku.
That worked!!! So simple and effective.

Appreciate the assistance. Have a great night!

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
gonna try this today. is this all you have to do or do we need to still follow the guide from the OP? thanks

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
gonna try this today. is this all you have to do or do we need to still follow the guide from the OP? thanks
Yes. If you bought the App, you can add multiple cameras in the App, as shown in first post. If you are only using the free version, you can only view one camera. However, in BI, you can create a Group, with say 4 cams, then use the group name instead to see the 4 cams in one view (i.e. /mjpg/[group_name] ).

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes. If you bought the App, you can add multiple cameras in the App, as shown in first post. If you are only using the free version, you can only view one camera. However, in BI, you can create a Group, with say 4 cams, then use the group name instead to see the 4 cams in one view (i.e. /mjpg/[group_name] ).
This is what I did. The Blue Iris group method works well. Took a little bit to get working for me, but now works well.

TahoeJeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Loving this, but still concerned about security. Changed my port to a 4 digit number a few days ago.
Received an alert on my Google account today.
1633809617210.png

bslater02

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it was worth a revive of this thread to ask specifically if anyone has gotten this to work using Stunnel, as that is the only thing I can think of which could be causing my issues.

My setup:
Stunnel with 8080->81 - works perfectly for both WAN and LAN access for the Blu Iris App
Dual NIC - cameras are setup on the 2nd NIC, not connected directly to the internet. Again, thanks to the amazing info on this forum was able to figure this out and get it working
I have followed the directions here exactly, including adding the IP whitelist for my Roku (which is set to a fixed IP). I have reset the Roku many times to ensure it wasn't a glitch in the Roku box.

Roku setup
IP: 192.168.86.47 (this is my BluIris server)
Port: 8080

Stream is /mjpg/Outdoor? and entering into a local machine successfully gives me the stream (after certificate warning click-through and logging in, since I don't have this particular IP whitelisted).

The Roku app gives me a blank screen. I am wondering if it has something to do with the certificate from Stunnel, given that manually accessing the stream pops up the certificate warning and I have to click through it to access the stream? I wonder if IP CamView on Roku isn't able to resolve that warning? Of course I am a novice so maybe that doesn't even apply here!

Any thoughts? If someone has it working under Stunnel at least that gives me hope that it is the most likely cause, my user error, and not some technical limitation in the Roku app.

Thanks! I am amazed at the amount of information and assistance I have found on this forum.. such an excellent resource.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I figured it was worth a revive of this thread to ask specifically if anyone has gotten this to work using Stunnel, as that is the only thing I can think of which could be causing my issues.

My setup:
Stunnel with 8080->81 - works perfectly for both WAN and LAN access for the Blu Iris App
Dual NIC - cameras are setup on the 2nd NIC, not connected directly to the internet. Again, thanks to the amazing info on this forum was able to figure this out and get it working
I have followed the directions here exactly, including adding the IP whitelist for my Roku (which is set to a fixed IP). I have reset the Roku many times to ensure it wasn't a glitch in the Roku box.

Roku setup
IP: 192.168.86.47 (this is my BluIris server)
Port: 8080

Stream is /mjpg/Outdoor? and entering into a local machine successfully gives me the stream (after certificate warning click-through and logging in, since I don't have this particular IP whitelisted).

The Roku app gives me a blank screen. I am wondering if it has something to do with the certificate from Stunnel, given that manually accessing the stream pops up the certificate warning and I have to click through it to access the stream? I wonder if IP CamView on Roku isn't able to resolve that warning? Of course I am a novice so maybe that doesn't even apply here!

Any thoughts? If someone has it working under Stunnel at least that gives me hope that it is the most likely cause, my user error, and not some technical limitation in the Roku app.

Thanks! I am amazed at the amount of information and assistance I have found on this forum.. such an excellent resource.
I assume your roku is local to your BI system. I assume https:// is only for Stunnel access. Can you access ui3 using , if so, change the Roku app to http instead.

bslater02

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. No, I have HTTPS LAN also checked in the web server settings. So even locally I have to use https: 1649288386737.png

I did happen to poke around in the Roku app a bit and found a help section that had some good information. It did address the https issue, stating that "You can use HTTPS only with Snapshot URL" and goes on the explain how. I am not familiar with snapshot url and if there is such a thing for the BI server, versus individual cameras? I might be a bit over my skis here.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
don't know if this will help or not, but I have found that if BI is set to HTTPS LAN, I cannot find a way to get the user/password functionality to work from the roku app. Besides, I was a bit uneasy with providing creds to a TV that may share them with who-knows-who. However, if your TV has a fixed IP, add it to the webserver's whitelist (use ^IP_ADDRESS), it will log in w/o any credentials as admin.

bslater02

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I will have to try that. To be honest, I just followed another thread on setting up Stunnel and one setting I saw was HTTPS on LAN but I am not really sure why I would need that. I will test out removing that and trying again with Roku. I do have the fixed IP on the Roku and it whitelisted, but I am guessing the https is still forcing a login, or maybe stunnel is interfering somehow. I will try it out, thanks!

EDIT: So turning off HTTPS on LAN worked, but I also had to change the port in the Roku app to 81, versus the 8080 that stunnel uses. My Blu Iris app still seems to be able to connect locally so possibly all is good! Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Roku App may have an issue with the stunnel unsigned cert.

bslater02

n3wb
Reaction score
Agreed, that is what I think is going on as well. Even the help file within the Roku app states you can only use https with the "snapshot" url, so maybe it is an area that is beyond the capability of the Roku hardware/software.