A little help with a Dahua system please

BillyMac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Looking for a bit of advice here. I recently, about five weeks ago bought this set up from Andy. China to the UK in three weeks which was not to bad at all. I fitted 5 of the six cameras after a trial set up of all six where everything worked fine. I then fitted the cameras all round the house. This worked fine until today.

I wanted the image to cycle through the 5 cams at full screen so I set the nvr to "tour" so it did this but unfortunately it also cycles the page with 4,4 with one showing, 8, and then 9. I only wanted the five so I reset tour to disable.

This is where it goes wrong. The nvr would not stop cycling, even with the box unticked, tried a different format but still the same cycle. So I thought I'd do a factory reset. It was at this point I did not noticing that the box to reset the cameras was also ticked therefor the whole system reset and after going through all the rig ma roll of setting user passwords etc etc when i get to the cameras they are all saying they have the wrong username and password! Disconnected them or 20 mins and when I plug them in it still the same.

Any ideas? I read in another post about a hard reset but I'd like to avoid that as the cameras are all mounted high up.

The kit consists of the following
2 x IPC-HDW5231R-Z
2 x IPC-HDW4231EM-AS with 3.6mm lens
2 x IPC-HDW1320S with 3.6mm lens (only one plugged in)
1 x NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2

Any help gratefully received

BillyMac

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the problem resolved. I read through a heap of posts and came to the conclusion that a hard reset was the solution. I have to drop all five cameras, open them up and reset the things while powered up. It was a straight dig reset button on the 4 starlight cameras and bridge points 1+2 on the board on the HDW1320S. All working fine again. Thanks for the reply.