A few of my install pics

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Been lurking a wile here, time to give a few back.

This install is at a government facility, that all I can say about it. I worked with very talented in house people for this install. I had great fabricators with a sense of humor at my disposal. One IP bullet Dahua IPC-HFW2300R-Z. And two dome
EYEsurv ESCVI-1080p-DMZF1 domes from Nellys. These 3 cameras cover A LOT of real estate. They wanted their yard covered and so be it. I wish I could post the views but its better I do not. They are really more than I expected. The Management Is very happy with the Install. They have a 16 channel tribrid DVR so this worked out well. These cover about 500' of back yard.

Attachments

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
That steel cover - is it to protect the camera from snow or ice falling off the roof?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
That steel cover - is it to protect the camera from snow or ice falling off the roof?
Yes Sir, the ice and snow rolls off that roof and you do not want to be in the way of it. They are actually used traffic sign blanks bent with a brake.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Question, why not drill thru the back instead on running cable down and behind camera?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Question, why not drill thru the back instead on running cable down and behind camera?
Actually that was the plan, the holes are there just a oversight. I will have to take blame for that, I was the guy at the dvr and helper on the ladder when we were nailing them down. Less cable exposure to the elements is always better. We will be back up there when it warms up.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
might consider some expanding foam next time your up there too, those gaps under the plate look like they will be full of wasp nests in short order.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually that was the plan, the holes are there just a oversight. I will have to take blame for that, I was the guy at the dvr and helper on the ladder when we were nailing them down. Less cable exposure to the elements is always better. We will be back up there when it warms up.
Gotcha..

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
might consider some expanding foam next time your up there too, those gaps under the plate look like they will be full of wasp nests in short order.
Good thinking, I don't think either one of us were thinking of that. It was cold and about 10 degrees out and windy. I like this form because of the sharing of Ideas here. Thanks for the Ideas. I will help me out on our next installs, we will be doing many more buildings soon.

snik

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice install! Not trying to sound rude but doesn't that sign look juvenile on a government building?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess you could make the case for that. The signage was put up by the employees of the facility. They DO have all proper warning signs all around that place.
This area is closed to the public so it not like on the front of the DA's office or something. Not everybody there was in favor of cameras and I was teased and
bantered a bit by some of the guys, but having danced that dance before it was not all that bad. So to answer your original question, perhaps a bit BUT its just the guys showing there humor. I would have never put it up that's for sure . Thanks for the Input :)