8910w question

cmccarter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 of the subject cameras and they periodically reset their positions so that the camera is pointing totally off of where I want it. Is there anyway to force the camera to always start at the same point if it resets. BTW the PTZ function worked fine to get it back where I want it.

Running the latest Blue Iris software.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 of the subject cameras and they periodically reset their positions so that the camera is pointing totally off of where I want it. Is there anyway to force the camera to always start at the same point if it resets. BTW the PTZ function worked fine to get it back where I want it.

If this is happening after a camera reboot, there may be an option in the cameras firmware to leave the camera in the position it was in before the reboot. There is nothing blue iris can do about this as its a camera issue.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I've had several 8910's over the years. I've replaced most of them with Hikvision's and ESC's but still have one in my small shed where I don't need a high definition image or capture. If I have a power failure it always goes back to it's home preset. This is my setting. Hope it helps.

cmccarter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw this screen earlier today but now do not see it. looking in camera-ptz/control where is this screen:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use Internet Explorer to change settings with the Foscam's. You go into 'Device Management' and then to 'PT settings'. There you can select 'Go to Preset on boot'. This is in the camera's configuration/firmware using IE.