8 cams 16ch POE Costco Sale

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Heres another night shot from a different angle with a 4mp just installed yesterday. This corner is pitch black, not sure if IR reflection off the car might is helping but looks very clean.

View attachment 6032
The wall, white car, light concrete driveway are all helping...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
HTTP port if you want to use a browser such as firefox to access your NVR. 80 is default
Server Port if you want to view from a mobile device. 8000 is default
RSTP for programs such as Blue Iris.

If your only using mobile devices to view, then no need to forward your HTTP or RSTP ports.

I'm not sure if the Hikvision's IVMS app will work on the swann, I never tested this.
To clarify, the 80 is the default http port. 8000 is the default server port. 8554 or 554 is the default rtsp...

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The wall, white car, light concrete driveway are all helping...
Yea it looks that way. This effect can add a twist to how we gauge the quality of these night shots. I was just at a friends house who had 3mp installed, the cams that had their IR hitting the ground looked great, they are 8 feet high, and hitting the ground at an angle, so they dont need to be in close contact with the ground, but even at that distance, the night images were very nice. While the same 3mp cams that aimed into thin air were extremely noisy, almost useless. So one should take into consideration the complete layout and positions of these cams, as even with low MP cams, you can have poor images depending on the aiming and surroundings.