5.6.2 - September 23, 2022

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.6.2 - September 23, 2022
The Camera Discovery window now finds MAC addresses along with IP addresses. You also
have the option of using the previous ONVIF discovery, or the new full LAN IP and port
scan. With this, it should no longer be necessary to use the external website service
Advanced Port Scanner to search your network.
LAN cameras now automatically pull MAC addresses and they are displayed on the Status/
Cameras page.
If a camera’s MAC was previously determined and the camera experiences connectivity
issues, the software with automatically scan the LAN in order to detect an IP address
change. If a new address is found, it will be adopted and posted to Status/Log. This
provides protection against IP address changes when DHCP is left active on a camera.

Hacksaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Any way to turn this off, the IP scanning?

I have an issue with a OpenWRT wifi bridge on a link ae6450 and the Mac address of the wifi bridge far end radio mac address is associating with the Camera IP. It is a OpwnWRT issue but I have to find a fix for it, so in the meantime, how do I disable this mac address to ip lookup "feature". Skip initial reachability didnt stop it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any way to turn this off?

I have an issue with a OpenWRT wifi bridge on a link ae6450 and the Mac address of the wifi bridge far end radio mac address is associating with the Camera IP. It is a OpwnWRT issue but I have to find a fix for it, so in the meantime, how do I disable this mac address to ip lookup "feature". Skip initial reachability didnt stop it.
What is happening? Like, is BI changing your configured camera IP to the IP of the wifi device? If so, then indeed you would need a way to turn that off. I don't see an option to do it so you would need to request that from Blue Iris support.

Hacksaw

n3wb
Reaction score
My
What is happening?
In Blue iris, IP keeps changing to the wifi bridge IP address instead of the cameras IP, so I lose my camera feed.

the camera is reporting in with a mac address of the wifi router, mac address of the cam start with 9c, Advanced IP scanner is confirming the issue is the wifi router in wifi bridge mode.

Last edited:

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two cameras that sometimes stay triggered for like 20+ min, this is new with this 5.6, it is not a continious motion thing they are stuck and I keep getting this log on them:
1664478746284.png