5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

Reaction score
The other day, a person dressed all in black, came to our home to dig up a tree root and level our driveway pavers. CPAI got the person about 70% of the time. We have an audible alert letting us know a person is on our driveway.

To be fair, our other BI computer, running Deepstack had about the same detection rate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can put an SD card in the Dahua and then playback with the lines and boxes to see what and why it triggered.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SD Card is on camera. On the Dahua I am not using IVS (Line Crossing) anymore because I was getting way more events when IVS was enabled for no reason. Due to this I currently only have Smart Motion Detection enabled with Human and Vehicle set to record, however in order record SMD it I think I enabled Motion Detection recording also because there was no event linkage to SMD to record directly. It does look like SMD is working properly though for the Dahua and sending events to the camera. Is it possible to just only use the ONVIF action and not the motion detection from BI, then use AI just to tag person or vehicle it if it can and if it can't identify leave it anyway? I don't see any false positives from the Dahua SMD according to the SD Card from what I am seeing. I am dual recording sub stream 24x7 and mainstream for alerts.

I guess I would just need to config the alert action with Do Command (Trigger), Sources (ONVIF, DIO, and Extern), then disable (Motion, Group, and Audio) and leave required AI objects blank? Do I need to have something in the required AI objects for it to attempt to check the trigger with AI? Or can I just uncheck Motion alarm and leave it set to use the Camera's Digital Input or Motion Alarm and don't have to do the rest?

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got a random question for you guys. My BI is pre-codeproject and if I upgrade will my deepstack still work until I set up codeproject?

Otherwise Happy New Year!

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got a random question for you guys. My BI is pre-codeproject and if I upgrade will my deepstack still work until I set up codeproject?

I had deepstack stop working after a BI upgrade. It was what motivated me switch to CPAI.

Take a look at this thread... 100% DeepStack timeouts after BI update (including reverting to earlier versions)
If I recall correctly it ought to give you enough to go on to get DS working again if you upgrade BI and DS breaks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

My recommendation would be unless the update added something you want or need, resist the urge to update until you are ready to make the switch to codeproject.

I am sitting on the last update prior to the switch to codeproject. Once something is added I want or need, I will then set up a block of time to do the conversion over.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

I am running codeproject but have not deleted Deepstack. More than once I have deleted codeproject and returned to my existing deepstack with no problems.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
or the other Dahua desktop app, I can’t remember the name…
It's called Dahua Smart PSS: DahuaWiki

It supports playback of sdcard files, and can display IVS lines as well. It's actually a really nice alternative to using built in cam webui's for changing settings, and AFAIK plays well with secured/isolated networks.

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

as far i can tell the actual windows builds from codeproject do not include the compromised package. If you have installed/updated a local linux/docker pyTorch instance in the last december week, i would recommend to have a look.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it possible to just only use the ONVIF action and not the motion detection from BI, then use AI just to tag person or vehicle it if it can and if it can't identify leave it anyway?
Yes, yes, and yes.

I guess I would just need to config the alert action with Do Command (Trigger), Sources (ONVIF, DIO, and Extern), then disable (Motion, Group, and Audio) and leave required AI objects blank?
Your alert action is likely already configured if it works with BI motion as is. You do need to check ONVIF and Extern for IVS events in both trigger and alerts. No changes should be needed to AI (it doesn't care where the trigger came from).

Do I need to have something in the required AI objects for it to attempt to check the trigger with AI?
"required objects": we'll assume you mean the setting found in the alert tab, "on alert" action settings (for example, "required objects" setting for a text message action). If you leave this blank, all confirmed triggers (based on "to confirm") will result in an action. If you put something in required objects, you only get the action if AI confirmed those objects. Think of required objects as a secondary filter for more granular control of push/text/etc.

"Check the trigger": we'll assume you mean the trigger tab/AI setting "To confirm". Consider this as your primary alert filter (gets past here first before required objects come in to play). If you leave it blank, all triggers will result in an alert (sent to the secondary filter anyways). If you put something in "to confirm", it won't alert unless it sees that object.

Or can I just uncheck Motion alarm and leave it set to use the Camera's Digital Input or Motion Alarm and don't have to do the rest?
Yes, to use ONVIF events, in the camera trigger tab you should uncheck "Motion Sensor" (which is BI's internal stuff), and check "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" and "trigger until reset". That basically makes your cam IVS do the job of BI motion. No changes to AI are needed here. However, you may also need to check the "ONVIF" and "External" boxes in the Alerts tab.

Lastly, Dahua cameras can have a few gotcha's when it comes to using IVS events. First one is some versions require configuring a second "onvif" user with admin access; it simply won't work with the default admin account. Then often you have to change your camera video settings in BI, to use "Dahua" type with port 8999 for onvif, instead of Generic ONVIF/RTSP with port 80. Lastly, sometimes you do all this and it doesn't work due to improper sequence of changes (camera then locks the new user account). If this is the case, you have to first delete the cam in BI, delete the onvif user in the camera, recreate the user in the camera (save it), then readd the camera in BI. Lastly, when you change video settings, don't forget to redo your PTZ config if you use it for API control (BI annoyingly resets this whenever you change video settings).

Good luck!

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

as far i can tell the actual windows builds from codeproject do not include the compromised package. If you have installed/updated a local linux/docker pyTorch instance in the last december week, i would recommend to have a look.
This does not impact CodeProject.AI the are using an older version not the PyTorch-nightly

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes.

Your alert action is likely already configured if it works with BI motion as is. You do need to check ONVIF and Extern for IVS events in both trigger and alerts. No changes should be needed to AI (it doesn't care where the trigger came from).

"required objects": we'll assume you mean the setting found in the alert tab, "on alert" action settings (for example, "required objects" setting for a text message action). If you leave this blank, all confirmed triggers (based on "to confirm") will result in an action. If you put something in required objects, you only get the action if AI confirmed those objects. Think of required objects as a secondary filter for more granular control of push/text/etc.

"Check the trigger": we'll assume you mean the trigger tab/AI setting "To confirm". Consider this as your primary alert filter (gets past here first before required objects come in to play). If you leave it blank, all triggers will result in an alert (sent to the secondary filter anyways). If you put something in "to confirm", it won't alert unless it sees that object.

Yes, to use ONVIF events, in the camera trigger tab you should uncheck "Motion Sensor" (which is BI's internal stuff), and check "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" and "trigger until reset". That basically makes your cam IVS do the job of BI motion. No changes to AI are needed here. However, you may also need to check the "ONVIF" and "External" boxes in the Alerts tab.

Lastly, Dahua cameras can have a few gotcha's when it comes to using IVS events. First one is some versions require configuring a second "onvif" user with admin access; it simply won't work with the default admin account. Then often you have to change your camera video settings in BI, to use "Dahua" type with port 8999 for onvif, instead of Generic ONVIF/RTSP with port 80. Lastly, sometimes you do all this and it doesn't work due to improper sequence of changes (camera then locks the new user account). If this is the case, you have to first delete the cam in BI, delete the onvif user in the camera, recreate the user in the camera (save it), then readd the camera in BI. Lastly, when you change video settings, don't forget to redo your PTZ config if you use it for API control (BI annoyingly resets this whenever you change video settings).

Good luck!
Also in BI you need this checked for Onvif triggers.

Attachments

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes.

Good luck!
Thank you for the thorough responses! I will give all of that a try and just set the 180 camera not to cancel even if nothing found.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Any more news on Coral USB Support? I see from your forums they have it up and running on the Raspberry PI albeit not with an integrated 1 click installer.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I'm giving it some seriouis consideration although Coral USB's still being scalped in the UK. eg Amazon an official reseller - £128!!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I'm giving it some seriouis consideration although Coral USB's still being scalped in the UK. eg Amazon an official reseller - £128!!
Yea same here trying to buy Coral USB for past 2 years..Seems like they are all sold out and only option in US seems to be Ebay upwards of $150 ish.. Maybe Andy should start selling Coral USB as well or this site.. Order in bulk may get better price Vs Ebay.. Or shady sellers.

Anyways if Anyone here with Coral USB try CodeProject with it.. Will be interested to see how it pans out with multiple cams.. If it works great may even pick one up from eBay at that point..