4mp Starlights soon?

Reaction score
I remember seeing some talk about 4mp starlights might be coming out soon but can't find anything recently about it. Does anyone know if Dahua will be making any new releases soon? Or maybe it was ultra starlight? Something with the low light performance of the 2mp turrets that everyone loves but in 4mp.

I've been waiting to replace a 2mp Hikvision camera that is not doing too well at night. Its 2.8mm covering a wide area and I feel like it could use both more MP and better low light.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the time of the year Dahua releases their cams.
Here is their Q1 catalog. I don't see anything in the turrets.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't want to wait, Dahua has some inexpensive 8 MP cams that should do better in low light than old hikvisions.

IPC-HFW1831E (fixed bullet)
IPC-HDBW1831R (fixed dome)
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS (varifocal bullet)
IPC-HDBW2831R-ZS (varifocal dome)

They are not on par with 2MP starlights, but they do a lot better than 1/3 inch 4MP sensors from a few years ago.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't want to wait, Dahua has some inexpensive 8 MP cams that should do better in low light than old hikvisions.

IPC-HFW1831E (fixed bullet)
IPC-HDBW1831R (fixed dome)
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS (varifocal bullet)
IPC-HDBW2831R-ZS (varifocal dome)

They are not on par with 2MP starlights, but they do a lot better than 1/3 inch 4MP sensors from a few years ago.
A little bird has told me that I may or may not have one of the IPC-HFW2831T-ZS (varifocal bullet) coming for a review.