4.2.4 - November 12, 2015

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.2.4 - November 12, 2015

• This version fixes and improves several aspects of BVR file management
  • It should be quicker to open a BVR file, especially larger files where delay was evident during remote access
  • The location of alert frames may have been misaligned in the file with certain encoder settings causing the buffering of many frames.
  • When using the cut/combine feature on the Record tab, a BVR file is automatically appended/resumed following a software or camera window restart. Previously, these actions as well as use of the traffic signal icon or inactive profiles caused a new file to be created.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm really liking the way clips open instantly now from the files and alerts list. Much nicer!

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When starting BI, the little dialog box that pops up to tell you new updates are available said something about "db remotely accessible" for the latest update. Does anyone know what that means?
That doesn't by chance indicate that we can run a copy of BI on another computer and point it at the 'server' copy of BI on a different computer that is actually doing the recording does it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When starting BI, the little dialog box that pops up to tell you new updates are available said something about "db remotely accessible" for the latest update. Does anyone know what that means?
That doesn't by chance indicate that we can run a copy of BI on another computer and point it at the 'server' copy of BI on a different computer that is actually doing the recording does it?
You can always run a second instance of blue iris and pull a stream from another blue iris pc. What is it that you are trying to achieve?
Not sure what the note was referring to...it may be related to a future client application or simply makes the mobile app more efficient.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
>You can always run a second instance of blue iris and pull a stream from another blue iris pc.

That is what I do now.

I was hoping that little note was a precursor to true remote client functionality where one BI instance can be setup to point to a shared folder where the database from another BI instance is running and the two can play nicely together allowing one to be a playback only client.

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a question about the version identifiers for the BI updates. When I check for updates in BI today (Nov. 14) it says "4.2.4.3 is now available". Meanwhile, at http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/ it shows the latest version available is "Version 4.2.4.1 (November 12, 2015)". This apparent disconnect or mis-identification seems to be happening more frequently now. Anybody know what this is about? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a question about the version identifiers for the BI updates. When I check for updates in BI today (Nov. 14) it says "4.2.4.3 is now available". Meanwhile, at http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/ it shows the latest version available is "Version 4.2.4.1 (November 12, 2015)". This apparent disconnect or mis-identification seems to be happening more frequently now. Anybody know what this is about? Thanks.
I believe he simply didn't update the website.. However if you download the update it will be .3