2 Questions : Web feed and remove web interface control

jaygrovr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am very new to blue iris. I have two questions. I have a system that generates an HTML5 web interface, which is more of a status screen. Is there a way to get this into blue iris as a camera feed? If so where can I find out more about it.

Second question. I will have a few web clients running on different computers (dedicated machines). Each machine will have two monitors attached to it. Is there a way to remotely control what is displayed on the web interfaces? Also is there a way to hide all the other information on the screen and just have a clean multiview?

thanks again

Jason

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your first question:
I came up with a way to stream YouTube content into Blue Iris ("BI") using a 3rd party, free program called OBS running on the BI server. That write up can be found here ==>> How I streamed a live YouTube video to Blue Iris 5.

Your second question.
If you are referring to different views in BI's built-in webserver "UI3", then check this out ==>> Different views in UI3

Check out UI3's built-in "Help", particularly "More Topics" => "URL parameters". If you place the "maximize" parameter on the end of the URL to open the webserver it will hide clips, controls, etc.

Example: http://BI-server-LAN-IP:BI-port/ui3.htm?maximize=1

jaygrovr

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes that was super helpful, but can I change the views of a remote web session from somewhere else? I want to be able to setup these views, if its a 4 multi or a single view, the ability to remotely change what is being shown. These monitors have no keyboard or mouse, they will be controlled from another system. Just wanted to know if that was possible or not. I would not want to wait for a refresh. I want to be able to tell it to switch views.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that was super helpful, but can I change the views of a remote web session from somewhere else? I want to be able to setup these views, if its a 4 multi or a single view, the ability to remotely change what is being shown. These monitors have no keyboard or mouse, they will be controlled from another system. Just wanted to know if that was possible or not. I would not want to wait for a refresh. I want to be able to tell it to switch views.
There may be another way, but I can suggest this:
  • Specific users can be configured to see only specific groups; groups can consist of specific cams.
  • So if you could remotely log in as a different user, then you could change what cams are displayed.
  • Set up the UI3 URL to also authenticate with the appropriate user/password, add the maximize command on the end (see below)
Example: http://BI-server-LAN-IP:BI-server-port/ui3.htm?group=yourgroupname&maximize=1&user=yourusername&pw=yourpassword

If you include the above authentication in the URL, you must also go to “Web server” => “Advanced" and uncheck “use secure session keys and login page”, then restart BI.

If so desired, you can create a shortcut that opens the above URL or others.

Last edited:

jaygrovr

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I found another way, the user thing is only good once you log in. I think I can send a keyboard command remotely which can change the view? I can only go forward or backward though. It would be nice is the web viewer accepted json commands or something?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think I found another way.... I think I can send a keyboard command remotely which can change the view?
Great! Have you got it working? If so, care to share it with the forum?
.......the user thing is only good once you log in.
FWIW, you can have many users, all logged in at the same time, each with a different view. :cool:

jaygrovr

n3wb
Reaction score
I am just sending keystrokes to go from one view to another. This is not ideal, I would rather have a way to send that machine (web browser) to a specific view. Is there a way to setup keystrokes on the webUI to do specific views? How can I ask the developers of the webui about this feature?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am just sending keystrokes to go from one view to another. This is not ideal, I would rather have a way to send that machine (web browser) to a specific view. Is there a way to setup keystrokes on the webUI to do specific views? How can I ask the developers of the webui about this feature?
That info is in the UI3 help.

jaygrovr

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not see how to do what I needed. The hotkeys are pre-defined for the functions.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Questions:
You stated in post #3 "...These monitors have no keyboard or mouse, they will be controlled from another system..... "
  1. What are these monitors connected to?
  2. Is one monitor connected to a specific PC and another monitor connected to a different PC?

jaygrovr

n3wb
Reaction score
Two monitors connected to like a mini pc or NUC.. just attached to the back of two larger 42" monitors.. there is no local control.