>$100 4MP+ PoE cam with best night image?

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am getting tired of dealing with IR light ghosting from couple LTS cams I bought back before I learned about EXIR. So I am looking to replace the 2MP so so units with 4MP+ units with best IR+night image combo. Any suggestions for around $100 per cam shipped?

I have HiK 2CD2232-I5 4MM version and it is OK but not great. Night image is only mediocre in my view.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For more than $100 take your pick. I guess you mean under $100. Longse dark destroyer but still won't be amazing.

The 2232-I5 is anything but mediocre at night, have you got a screenshot? I'm guessing a bit of tweaking of position and settings will fix it.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which Longse model you have in mind?

2232-I5 just washes out the faces no matter how much I tweak it. I am looking into doing IR illuminator for that area

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which Longse model you have in mind?

2232-I5 just washes out the faces no matter how much I tweak it. I am looking into doing IR illuminator for that area
There's a big article about it in this sub-forum. Have you got Smart IR on? Something definitely wrong because most people don't get that. I definitely don't.

Reaction score
LTS does sell cameras with their version of the Hikvision EXIR. LTS calls their's Matrix IR cameras. These and EXIR cameras work alot better for night vision with traditional ring IRs on most cameras these days.

Smart IR is good if you have that capability. I have also hear that if you adjust the camera so that the outer IRs on the ring are too close to the inner bezel, it could worsen the 'halo' effect.

ENiGMA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bumping thread with similar question, what's the cheapest I can(should) buy for outdoor facial recognition? for backyard mostly ~6x7m and long 1x10m footpath between the house and the fence. Heard the dahua/hik low end is no good at night outdoors