Need help configuring wireless Dahua

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I won a IPC-HDW1430DT-STW during Andy's last lottery and I have tried setting it up today.

It has 2 different IPs for either cabled or wifi. The only method for me to connect to it is via cable. (Unless I factory reset it and connect to the "hotspot" the Cam itself provides.

I have my camera subnet 192.168.30.x Vlan30 and since this is my first wireless cam I enabled a wifi ssid for that subnet/vlan. All static IPs ofcourse. I have provided 192.168.30.18 for the wired connection and 192.168.30.17 for the wifi.
In the cameras GUI, I go to network> wifi> and I can see my camera wifi ssid. When I put in the password, and click connect, nothing happens, it just states "disconnected". The password does not contain any strange symbols, I have even tried changing out the wifi password.

I have tried Dahua config tool with no luck, and even the DMSS app to scan the QR code (It says the camera has already been associated to another email adress) And YES, I am using good ol' Internet Explorer :)

Any advice? I remember seeing another thread with a step-by-step how to set up Dahua wifi cams but can't find it.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One quick and dirty thing to try is to temporarily change it to DHCP mode. If that works then set the DHCP assigned IP address to static mode and then you're good to go.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark!
If your using the hard wired ethernet connection simultaneously as well as the WiFi on the camera. I'm guessing the WiFi will be disabled? Try disconnecting the ethernet, reboot camera and see if you can login to the static IP WiFi address of the camera.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, my problem was that I could not get the camera to connect to my designated camera wifi. From the cam GUI I could see the SSID but it refused to connect. I just now tried to change the password for that SSID to a pw that just contained numbers (8digits) and it magically worked. On the TCP/ip settings you can select whether wifi or wired is default so if wired is primary, it switches to wifi if you unplug the cable and vice-versa

Appreciate your tips anyway

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark!
If your using the hard wired ethernet connection simultaneously as well as the WiFi on the camera. I'm guessing the WiFi will be disabled? Try disconnecting the ethernet, reboot camera and see if you can login to the static IP WiFi address of the camera.
The default static ip (wifi) on that camera was 192.168.1.108 and the wired static ip was 192.168.1.255. I was able to connect to that by cable but I don't have any wifi set up in that subnet. Even if I had, I would have to make the camera connect to that ssid which it refused. I suspect my PW was to long but now it's connected after "simplifying" the PW

BUT it will not show the rtsp stream in VLC like all my other (wired) cameras.. I changed it to h.264 etc and the rtsp port is 554 like default...?

Damianoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Ho installato 4 telecamere wifi dahua, 2 di loro hanno strani problemi di disconnessione, hanno tutte un segnale wifi forte e potente, l'interfaccia grafica della telecamera mostra oltre il 70% del segnale wifi, ma ho disconnessioni di pochi secondi ogni 5 o 10 minuti .
Le telecamere sono installate a coppie, due coppie, solo una della coppia ha problemi mentre quella accanto ne ha molti meno.
Ho abbassato il substream al minimo e abbassato anche il mainstream è impostato a 2mpx 10fps 512kbs per vedere se il problema si risolveva ma niente.