Live view stops on DMSS; is there any way to make it a continuous feed?

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I googled this but couldn't find an answer. I am using DMSS (1.99.710) on an iPad and using the camera's IP to connect. It connects and live view works but then after about 15-30 seconds it stops. It never reconnects after it stops.

Is there any way to configure DMSS to run a continuous feed? Didn't see any setting in DMSS to make this happen. I have an old iPad that I want to use to always show one camera live (it's a 10 year old iPad that I am trying to put to good use). If DMSS doesn't do this, is there any other way I could do continuous live feed?

I am using SUB for live view. Also, here are my SUB settings on DMSS.

IMG_149CB4465C6F-1.jpeg

Here are my SUB settings on the camera

Screen Shot 2024-05-11 at 11.39.56 PM.png

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Don’t think it’s a DMSS issue. Rather something between the video source and iPad isn’t able to keep up with the live stream, or the iPad itself

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don’t think it’s a DMSS issue. Rather something between the video source and iPad isn’t able to keep up with the live stream, or the iPad itself
I concur. A lot of the widows or women who live in the country who’s husbands work away from home I’ll set up a dedicated tablet/ipad on a stand on their countertops so they can just glance over instead of switching inputs on a tv or firing their phones and apps up. Typically they have to reboot app a couple times a month. But these are always on the same network.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the infos. That lead me to do some more troubleshooting.

I have two NIC cards in my pfsense firewall. I opened 37777 for the other NIC and used that network to connect DMSS. It works.

I have no idea why DMSS is dying after 30 seconds on the other one. I don't see anything in the firewall rules that would cause this. Also, nothing stands out in the packet capture. I don't get an error in DMSS, the video just stops.

Any network guys on here that maybe have some ideas? Freakin weird problem.

Last edited: