Fed up homeowner confronts car thief in his driveway

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Concealed preferably, at least in FL. Then he's just defending his home/drive and happens to be carrying where hes legally allowed to... But it can get dicey legally.
In theory he could draw and defend himself when the car hits him and carries him. On the other hand, a court could view it as him being the initial aggressor.

It can get tricky

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would LOVE to have heard this as the outcome:

"Really, officer...this is all the surveillance I have. It works on motion detection and it didn't start recording until the car entered the driveway. I had been in the passenger side of my car when a guy on the sidewalk asked me for directions. When I walked toward the sidewalk to hear him better the red car tried to run me over. That's when I shot through the windshield and got the driver. The 2 must have been together because the one on foot got in the car but the driver was not able to drive. That's it, that's what happened, officer. I didn't want to shoot but I was fearing for my life when he missed me the first time and began to back up I figured he would try a second time."
I detest thieves. :angry:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It's very dangerous to fight with those bugs without weapon, lock the door can't stop those bugs, they will broken the windows...From this video, we learn the driveway is bit important to watch at, use a better camera. Hoefully his phone camera captured the car's license plate.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sometimes even though these are the things we work hard for you have to think is it worth it!! Thief could have had a knife, one well placed stab... dead! or a gun, couple of shots in fear... dead! Or slipped from the bonnet and his head was the one that got crushed between the car!!
Its a sad world we live in, but for everyone out there think twice "is it really worth it" unless you are locked and loaded and in that case, a couple of well placed shots, problem solved! One less scum on the roads

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Once more the camera is too high!
I personally when I see cameras really high up (on the eves, roof line) its down to lazy installers or the wife of the home owner doesn't want the mess! So much easier to fix a camera through the roof space and to the roof line than than route cables down the wall which can look messy if not done correctly. Or it could be people who don't know what they are doing ;)