US Elections (& Politics) :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
De Niro has been playing tough guy roles for so long he actually thinks he IS a tough guy....I'll bet he'd fold up like a house of cards if he thought someone was fixin' to kick his ass. He's a big pussy in my book....talk is cheap. :headbang:
He is a wuss...

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
JUST IN: CNN Names Its Moderators For First Trump-Biden Debate

CNN will trust Jake Tapper and Dana Bash with moderating the first presidential debate of the 2024 election cycle.

President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump, the presumptive nominees for each of their respective parties, both agreed to two debates — one hosted by CNN on June 27 and another hosted by ABC News in September — earlier on Wednesday.

“CNN Anchors @JakeTapper and @DanaBashCNN will moderate CNN’s Presidential Debate between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump on June 27 from Atlanta, Georgia. The debate will air live at 9pET on @CNN channels, CNN.com and on CNN Max,” read a statement posted online by CNN.

ABC News has not yet said who it will task with moderating the second scheduled debate on September 10.

Meanwhile, Trump has agreed to a third debate in October that he said would be hosted by Fox News’ Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, but Biden’s team has already indicated that he will not agree to such a forum.

CNN Names Its Moderators For First Trump-Biden Debate (mediaite.com)

My Comment: “CNN’s cameras will shift away from dozing Biden while Trump continuously debates Tapper and Dana Bush.”

Exactly right. Trump will be debating Tapper and Dana Bush more than Biden. Tapper and Dana will be running interference for Biden. :mad:

Reaction score
Just heard this, and had not considered the lyrics before.... probably never really heard them because of the dominance of the power chords on that Gibson guitar (sorry @fenderman ) ...

We'll be fighting in the streets With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

Change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
No, no

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
That is the funnies things about the songs most people did not listen to the lyrics!
Some of the "nastiest stuff" was from Simon & Garfunkel.