IPC-T58IR-ZE S3 Anyone have it?

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I understand the IPC-T58IR-ZE S3 is still very new and most likely zero reviews.. but let's start talking about it?
Who has it? What can you tell us? I have one on the way to test out!
Here is some specs from Andy:
Min. Illumination : 0.0008 lux @ F1.8 (Color, 30 IRE) ; 0.0004 lux @ F1.8 (B/W, 30 IRE) ; 0 lux (Illuminator on) Illuminator On/Off Control : Auto; Manual Illuminator Number : 2 (IR LED)
  • Lens : 2.7 mm–12 mm Motorized vari-focal Lens
  • Field of View : H: 113°–47°; V: 60°–26°; D: 133°–53°Close Focus Distance
  • Close Focus Distance : 1.5 m (4.92 ft)
  • DORI Distance

Lens ------------- Detect --------------------- Observe -------------------- Recognize ----------------- Identify
W --------------83.4m(273.62ft) ----------- 33.4m(109.58ft) ---------- 16.7m(54.79ft) ------------- 8.3m(27.23ft)
T --------------189.6m(622.05ft) -----------75.8m(248.69ft) -----------37.9m(124.34ft) -----------19.0m(62.34ft)

• DORI (Detect, Observe, Recognize, Identify) is a standard system (EN-62676-4) for defining the ability of a person viewing the video to distinguish persons or objects within a covered area. The numbers in this table do not reflect intelligent function distances. For intelligent function distances, refer to installation and commissioning manual/project design tool.

2.7mm-12mm Motorized Vari-focal Lens

• Video Frame Rate :

Main stream: 3840 × 2160@(1–25/30 fps)
Sub stream: D1@(1–25/30 fps)
Third stream: 1080p@(1–25/30 fps)
Fourth stream: 720p@(1–10 fps)
*The values above are the max. frame rates of each stream; for multiple streams, the values will be subjected to the total encoding capacity.

• Storage : FTP; SFTP; Micro SD card (support max. 512 GB); NAS
  • Browser : IE: IE 9 and later ; Chrome: Chrome 102 and later ; Firefox: Firefox 88 and later
  • Management Software : SmartPSS Lite; DSS; DMSS
Functions

• EPTZ: Enlarge and track the targets of intelligent alarms.
  • IVS (Perimeter Protection) : Intrusion, tripwire, fast moving (the three functions support the classification and accurate detection of vehicle and human); loitering detection, people gathering, and parking detection.
  • Smart Object Detection :Smart abandoned object; smart missing object
  • SMD : SMD 3.0
  • AcuPick : Uses deep learning algorithms and works with back-end devices to accurately match targets, such as people and motor vehicles, and search through live and recorded videos to quickly locate targets.
  • AI SSA : Yes
  • Face Detection : Face detection; track; snapshot; snapshot optimization; optimal face snapshot upload; face enhancement; face exposure; face attributes extraction including 6 attributes and 8 expressions; face snapshot set as face, one-inch photo or custom; snapshot strategies (real-time snapshot, quality priority and optimization snapshot); face angle filter; optimization time setting .
  • People Counting : Tripwire people counting, generating and exporting report (day/week/month/year); people counting in area and queue management, generating and exporting report (day/week/month); 4 rules can be set for tripwire, people counting in area and queue management.
  • Heat Map : Yes
  • Smart Search : Work together with Smart NVR to perform refine intelligent search, event extraction and merging to event videos .
-‐

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy has it here. empiretech01.com/products/empiretech-8mp-ir-vari-focal-eyeball-network-camera-ipc-t58ir-ze-s3

The reason I have shied away from this camera is because it is 8MP on a 1/1.8" sensor. That is far from ideal at night.
This is a similar camera just 4MP here is a night shot, if it looks anything like this, I'll be happy.
How I know the 8MP will be good a night is simply 2 things, IR and also this; Min. Illumination : 0.0008 lux @ F1.8 (Color, 30 IRE) ; 0.0004

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Z4E version was reviewed here and you will see the limitations @Parley references:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a similar camera just 4MP here is a night shot, if it looks anything like this, I'll be happy.
How I know the 8MP will be good a night is simply 2 things, IR and also this; Min. Illumination : 0.0008 lux @ F1.8 (Color, 30 IRE) ; 0.0004
Many do not pay attention to the minimum illumination specs...because those are under ideal situations with so many factors not known.

Almost every camera will say 0 LUX with infrared or white LED on, and we all know how poorly Reolinks perform at night in low light yet that is their spec....or even two different good cameras. Take for example the 5442 4MP2.8mm fixed lens camera will beat the socks off the 5241 2MP 2.8mm fixed lens or a Reolink and they both say 0 Lux with IR on.

Heck darn near every camera will say 0 LUX with IR on....

Once upon a time manufacturers would at least say at what shutter speed that rating was based on. Most would say a 1/3 shutter. That is way to slow for anything. You need to run minimum 1/60 shutter to start to minimize blur.

But now they don't even provide that, so in most cases it is a wide open iris, slowest shutter the camera allows, and gain and brightness cranked to 100 so that they can get the lowest illumination number possible.

But nobody would run the camera in that configuration.

Some of the older cameras would give these kind of specs so you knew how the camera was setup to come up with the minimum illumination.

0.002Lux/F1.5 ( Color,1/3s,30IRE)
0.020Lux/F1.5 ( Color,1/30s,30IRE)
0Lux/F1.5 (IR on)

So of course, the faster the shutter, the more light that is needed, and thus the LUX needed is more. It would be nice if they still provided it in this manner.

To minimize blur with motion, you need to run a shutter at at least 1/60 shutter - once you start doing that, the LUX specs are out the window.

But as more competition came out, manufacturers started playing games and tweaking the settings for getting the lowest lux possible, but that came at a cost of a configuration nobody would use. So they wouldn't say how the camera was configured to capture that minimum illumination rating.

They play these marketing games to make it look like the camera is better than it is for someone that is just chasing minimum illumination numbers. Kind of like how we rarely get the miles per gallon a car is rated for.

It is a tool, but I would prefer to see the reviews here with settings provided and make an educated guess as to if my light is more or less than the reviewer.