IP address moved to new Web address?

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all..

Just seeking advice on accessing camera settings via IP address. I was able to do this fine for 7 of my cameras, but one of them can't be accessed and instead gives a message that reads

This site can't be reached
The web page at might be temporarily down or it may
nave moved permanently to a new web address.

Does anyone know why this would be or how to get around/fix this issue?

Pic of the screen also attached.

All I am trying to do is fix alarm schedule as the camera is getting triggered when it shouldn't be.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect you gave it a different address than you think you did.

Or it came that way with a different address than the default if it was a return.

A factory reset will put it back to the default IP address.

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't set it up. The installer configured it and it has been fine for 3 years. Only suddenly this issue started out of nowhere. I'm having trouble getting installer assistance. Very frustrating.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is not the way your first post reads - it reads like you are trying to set it up.

Do you still see the camera in whatever VMS you were using - are you using an NVR?

So did anything happen recently - power blip or something that caused the camera to go wonky?

Who makes the camera?

You could try going to the CMD and type in ARP -a and see if that shows you what the IP address is

Short of that, a factory reset is probably needed to set it up again.

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
That is not the way your first post reads - it reads like you are trying to set it up.

Do you still see the camera in whatever VMS you were using - are you using an NVR?

So did anything happen recently - power blip or something that caused the camera to go wonky?

Who makes the camera?

You could try going to the CMD and type in ARP -a and see if that shows you what the IP address is

Short of that, a factory reset is probably needed to set it up again.
Sorry I am not experienced with these cameras. We have Dahua cameras. We have had a power upgrade at our house so the power has been turned on and off alot recently. Can still see the camera footage on our NVR and via app on phone perfectly fine. Just the alarm setting is not working properly. I have adjusted schedule in the NVR but it doesn't change anything.

Apologies for my ignorance but I don't know what this means "You could try going to the CMD and type in ARP -a and see if that shows you what the IP address is"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make all camera settings within the camera, not the NVR. Here is how you should be accessing the cameras and that should fix the issue you are having of not being able to see it:

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

1715729692343.png

Now if that is how you are trying to access it, then it sounds like something got corrupt.

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
Make all camera settings within the camera, not the NVR. Here is how you should be accessing the cameras and that should fix the issue you are having of not being able to see it:

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

View attachment 194587

Now if that is how you are trying to access it, then it sounds like something got corrupt.
Yes this is how I have accessed the cameras but I got the error message as stated initially.

With the power upgrade that we had done, do you think it is the fault of the electrian and he should assist in the fix?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if you were accessing it that way via the NVR or trying to access it via connecting the camera and computer to a POE switch and taking the NVR out of the equation.

I think it would be impossible to point blame or get the electrician to accept responsibility.

The firmware could have got wonky with a loss of power or one of the internals zapped due to power cycling.

Unless @bigredfish (our Dahua NVR expert) has a better suggestion, I think you should delete the camera from the NVR and factory reset the camera and see if that clears out the cobwebs and gets it working again.

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know of a step by step manual for the factory reset and reconfigure process?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, been on the road this week.

Agree with @wittaj on reset.

Can you show a picture of your camera registration page (like the one he showed you above) and point out which camera is the problem channel ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This site can't be reached
The web page at might be temporarily down or it may
nave moved permanently to a new web address.

Does anyone know why this would be or how to get around/fix this issue?
Presumably using Chrome browser, or maybe Firefox?
Blocked as an ERR_UNSAFE_PORT

edit as per the screenshot on your first post.

Allow per-site insecure content in Site Settings under Privacy & Security.
Or click the settings button to the left of the URL when attempting access.

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys. The different browser worked. However when I changed the alarm schedule it stopped the alarm going off but outside of the hours I've set but it also turned the trip wire off also all together. Before now, we had trip wire active during the day with no alarm, but the alarm triggered by trip wire after hours 11pm to 6am.

I tried adjusting the warning light setting to be different from the paramater setup but then it continued to trigger the alarm 24/7 instead of 11-6am.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys. The different browser worked. However when I changed the alarm schedule it stopped the alarm going off but outside of the hours I've set but it also turned the trip wire off also all together. Before now, we had trip wire active during the day with no alarm, but the alarm triggered by trip wire after hours 11pm to 6am.

I tried adjusting the warning light setting to be different from the paramater setup but then it continued to trigger the alarm 24/7 instead of 11-6am.

Sorry I forgot to share this screenshot

Attachments

clw5382

n3wb
Reaction score

Hey guys do you know how I can fix the above re trigger and trip wire?

@wittaj @bigredfish?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, no experience with that camera or the flashing lights.

Sensitivity so low on your tripwire may prevent it from detecting
I would think you'd want the schedule on the lights to be same as your tripwire