VTO2211G-WP missing Events for SD recording

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
thank you so much for the previous/first post support, it really shows the good spirit of this forum.
Now the problem that keeps me up for many nights. I have VTO2211G-WP and it's missing Events options on Web Service 2.0 page.
This is my page on it's missing the whole element of the Events section:
1624039094115.png
and this is what manuals have and others that I have seen on some posts and YouTube videos:
1624039153281.png

My firmware is 2021-02-03 V4.500.0000000.8.R, but others seem to have older firmware and have Events.
So far this is what I have tried but no success:
  • changed SD card from 64GB NTFS formatted to 8GB FAT formated
  • updated firmware again with ConfigTool and cleared Config
  • during the upgrade, haven't uploaded the web-x.squashfs.bin file since I can't find what is it for?
  • tried to load the page on different browsers: Opera, Chrome, Firefox (every time cleared cache)
  • I don't have an inside unit like VTH and others also don't have it but seems that they have Events and can record on SD Card
Any idea is a good idea, so help if you know? Thank you :)

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
Be sure you are using Internet Explorer (not edge).
Yes I have tried the oldest of oldest IE on Win7, cleared cache and everything, but no luck.
Is there a way to see the code of the firmware, maybe I could see what are the conditions for that element to show up or maybe I can downgrade to older firmware?

edem2302

n3wb
Reaction score
did you find a solution ?

i have exactly same problem

and in my VTH5341 i can't record too

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
did you find a solution ?

i have exactly same problem

and in my VTH5341 i can't record too
I've contacted technicians and after a month or two, they've send me custom made firmware.
It can record now but it's still pretty bad logics like sudden tempter alarms, you can't look for the previous events like when someone rang, you don't have a list of rings...
I'll suggest you to contact your seller and persist that he gets you firmware

edem2302

n3wb
Reaction score
I've contacted technicians and after a month or two, they've send me custom made firmware.
It can record now but it's still pretty bad logics like sudden tempter alarms, you can't look for the previous events like when someone rang, you don't have a list of rings...
I'll suggest you to contact your seller and persist that he gets you firmware
so i can't have this option with my actual firmware OK thanks for the answer... i have a VTH so i will looking for this function on this...

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
so i can't have this option with my actual firmware OK thanks for the answer... i have a VTH so i will looking for this function on this...
I don't have VTH only VTO connected with NVR and recording and motion works but this things simply disappeared at 4.5 version, you have them all on 4.3 and I think 4.4

edem2302

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have VTH only VTO connected with NVR and recording and motion works but this things simply disappeared at 4.5 version, you have them all on 4.3 and I think 4.4
i have bought my VTO in 4.5 so when i'm going on his server i never seen this option... i thinks thats normal... when i looking for the recording possibility i see your post !
thanks for fast answer !!

ronoob

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this video intercom and was looking for this recording function.
While searching I read more carefully the datasheet. This is what is stated there:

Video Motion Detection
• Auto Snapshot (enabled via indoor monitor)
• Record Videos (requires an SD card in the indoor
monitor)

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to this as well-- my firmware even has a 4th option (automatically record calls to SD card), but from what I can tell it's a 50/50 gamble. Some calls get recorded, but most do not. Anyone have a way to automatically record all calls?

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to this as well-- my firmware even has a 4th option (automatically record calls to SD card), but from what I can tell it's a 50/50 gamble. Some calls get recorded, but most do not. Anyone have a way to automatically record all calls?
Are you sure that not all events are recorded? What version of FW do you have and have you looked at DMSS app under Playback or Messages?

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you sure that not all events are recorded? What version of FW do you have and have you looked at DMSS app under Playback or Messages?
I appreciate the reply-- I posted somewhere else in the forums, but it's the weirdest thing. The SD card MB counter will go up each time I make a call (and by 1MB or 2, so I know it's not just the snapshot) , so it seems that every thing is recorded. But when I view the SD card, the .DAV files are not there.

If I scan the SD card with a file recovery tool, the files will appear. The .dav file of the recording, as well as the snapshots.
I've tried the DMSS app as well as the smartpss, they will see the VTO but show "no recordings".

The only video I've been able to see is by opening the now-found DAV file in Smart Player.

I've just found a similar thread, but no resolution:

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies- forgot to add, FW is 4.500.0000002.0.R.20210812
I see that they have even newer version of FW at the pages.
I would suggest to you to try and update FW, after that format SD card by IP admin interface (probably same FAT format) and after that try to see if there is an improvement.

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll try that!
Either way, let us know the end result when you install new FW. One more thing can you please try to see if there is a video in Message section of the DMSS app when you press the button at the doorbell or can you leave a message after the ringing ends? Thanks

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Man- so close. I updated the firmware, reformatted the SD card, and it seemed to work. The first 2 calls were recorded. But then it went right back to the other behavior, SD storage number going up but no files viewable. I am able to leave messages, and those show correctly on the VTH but not the VTO. Also, in the DMSS app it will randomly show a viewable event, but it won't be the calls-- just a few seconds of video from (what I can tell) is around the time I push the button.

Appreciate your help with any other things to try!

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Gahhh.. It's so frustrating. Had a few more show up in DMSS under "Video Clips" when that camera is selected. But there is no rhyme or reason why those show and others don't.

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, maybe a data point-- if I press the button and don't answer, it seems to reliably record the final 10 seconds before I leave a message, and the message itself and display those as clips in DMSS. But if the call is answered, it still records the call (SD card space being used) but does not display the clip in DMSS or by looking for the files on the SD card.