Localized VTO2211G-WP

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
Since Dahua doesn't have a chime that can be used instead of indoor unit (VTH), I've decided to connect my VTO to HomeAssistant to mqtt listener when the button is pushed.
When the button is pushed, mqtt sends info to the automation in HA and it triggers an Sonoff device that is connected to actual chime/ring.
This is working nicely under two conditions: there is an internet connection and mqtt actually picks up an event (99% of time).

I'm thinking of an idea to connect two wires directly to button on VTO and connect them to a chime (I've prepared an relay to protect the VTO).
Is there an port on wires that come with the device that could give output if button is pressed or do I really need to solder wires to the button?

Reaction score
why does it require internet connection?
I have the same setup but use a Zooz 6-in-1 siren. Goes straight from VTO to MQTT to HA to Zooz all in local network. 99.9% of the time (I could say 100% but I'm not always there)

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
It's interesting, my assumption was wrong by two things:
1. Sonoff that is connected to HA is in LAN mode - local communication (although is LAN, it goes by some server)
2. MQTT addon doesn't pick up every event, only every second pushbutton
What addon are you using to pickup events on VTO in HA?

Reaction score
At work at the moment so trying to remember the setup....

I have the VTO integrated with Blue Iris. I have Blue Iris sending MQTT to Mosquitto MQTT broker for any event which, of course, interacts with Home Assistant....I think for camera related events only.
For the call button itself...I know I have an automation that when pressed, my Zooz siren goes off by making a doorbell .wav file sound. Lemme get back to you after digging in a bit.
FYI: I am also using the Dahua Integration via HACS as well though have no properly played with it. Initially, was only going to figure out how to add my local weather station info to my Dahua camera via macros... still a work in progress.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can buy an RS485 to HomeAssistant Bridge.
Output to HomeAssistant via RS485.