Having an issue with 5.9.1.0

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually, this issue seems to have showed up on 5.9.x.x and on. I have this issue on 2 other systems and have reported it to support. The issue is when you click ANY camera's settings and then click ok, it takes longer than usual to restart and the clock will hang over 20-25 seconds or longer on that camera. It will also leave a gap in the continuous recording. This only happens after the BI service has been running a few days or more. If I restart the service then everything is fast again and no clock lag. I am not seeing any more memory usage, like if it's a memory leak. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this. I was seeing this after the 5.9.1.0 update a few days ago this morning. I did the restart and its fast again. I'll report back if Ken gives me any update.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same, I look forward to seeing your response from Ken (I haven't reported it myself). I hadn't noted the difference between a freshly restarted system and the delay that happens on a long running system, only the latter.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Same, I look forward to seeing your response from Ken (I haven't reported it myself). I hadn't noted the difference between a freshly restarted system and the delay that happens on a long running system, only the latter.
Do report it as here is my response from Ken:

Thanks no other reports of this yet.

Could it be a memory issue? What do you see in the windows task manager for memory usage over time?

Double checked all security software exemptions.

None these apply and of course I am still going to pursue it with him.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Agreed, this seems to have started with the 5.9.0.x releases, when Ken opened up the possibility of fully adjusting the pre-recording buffer times. So much so that it's hard to know what the old defaults were (at least in my case).

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
UPDATE: 5.9.1.2

Ken has found the bug. Something to do with the audio processing on camera startup, it appears to have fixed mine as I now no longer show a yellow triangle that appeared for just sec as well.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Ken has found the bug. Something to do with the audio processing on camera startup, it appears to have fixed mine as I now no longer show a yellow triangle that appeared for just sec as well.

Same here, just installed 5.9.1.2 and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: Any idea what he changed in regards to "Motion detection improvements" in these two releases today? They weren't noted in the initial 5.9.1.0.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here, just installed 5.9.1.2 and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: Any idea what he changed in regards to "Motion detection improvements" in these two releases today? They weren't noted in the initial 5.9.1.0.
No I don't have any idea :)

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score

It is/was definitely an audio issue. Disabling audio in my cameras makes the feeds come back much more quickly from the disabled state vs when audio is enabled. Glad he fixed it.